Why are older married women more open younger guys' looks?

Does anyone else notice this? My mom is a teacher at the grade school I graduated from and yesterday, when I went to visit her at her classroom, I stopped by some of my other former teachers' classrooms. At least three of them commented on my looks. I do get some positive feedback from women my age and younger, but it just seems to me that older (mid and late 40s and early 50s) married women have been more open about it with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• As an older woman myself, I lavishly compliment all young men and women because I don't think that they would consider it anything more than just a compliment. I'm in a safe zone at my age, I can recognize and acknowledge the beauty of youth and I want to give these young ladies and gentleman a chance to appreciate themselves.

What Girls Said 3

• because old guys are ugly.

• I think people feel more comfortable giving nice comments when they think that they won't be seen as a sexual object to the person they're complimenting.

• Someone asked a similar question about a month ago...

These are women who have seen you grow up. They're just saying how handsome you are in that maternal/grandmotherly way. They don't mean it in the sexual/MILF/fetishist way.

What Guys Said 2

• Two reasons I can think of. Either they find youth appealling, like men do, lets be honest, so a man under 30 to them looks good. Or, they are patronizing you because of your mom. But since you mentioned you good compliments from women your age and younger, the latter is probably not the case.

• I think because their eyes are trained to the styles of their youth, and you look like you'd be incredibly handsome in that era to them.

My guess anyway. I get complimented quite often by older people. Not so much by people my own age