I need help figuring out how to ask a girl out.

Okay, so, I've finally almost gotten up the courage to ask out the girl that I've had a crush on for multiple years, and I'm not entirely sure how to do it.

We've known each other for a really long time, more than five years, and I've liked her for about three of those years. We've been friendly with each other for the majority of that time, and, over the past few months, we've become, I guess, fairly good friends. I'm mostly sure, at this point, that she reciprocates my feelings, at least to some extent. I'm fairly close to being able to ask her out, but, again, I don't really know how, exactly, to go about doing that. I have never asked anyone out, and, as far as I know, she has, at the very least, never gone out with anybody, and has to my knowledge, never been asked out at all. So, I'm not sure how to ask her out in a way that wouldn't be extremely awkward. Also, I'm not entirely sure exactly what I should ask her out to do. Like, only one of my friends has a girlfriend, and, to my knowledge, he and she don't really do any of the traditional dating things, so I have no idea what people really do when they date. Movies, I guess, are an option, but it doesn't seem like we would really get to interact very much if we did that. Lots of people have, in the past, suggested Starbucks as an option to me, but I don't like coffee, and I don't think she does, either.

So, yeah, I don't know. Please help me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro, congratulations on your "CAN DO" attitude. That's the first step. Don't doubt yourself now, I kinda noticed you're still shaky...

Now, as to how to ask this girl out, you can invite her to a game of billiards or bowling, dinner at like Friday's or Applebees, or even to the movies. I know you said that you won't get that much interaction at the movies, and that's true to an extent, but at least after the movies you guys have something to talk about.

In the end man, just relax. It really doesn't matter too much where you take the girl on the first date. In fact, it's better that the venue appears casual. The goal is not necessarily to impress her but to have her to get to know you better anyway.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Instead of doing the form "hey do you wanna go out with me (on a date)" you can try something a lot simpler. It'll be easier on you, and the success rate would be 100% since you're already good friends. + since she's never dated before it wouldn't freak her out since it's not verbally declared as a date.

Just say "hey do you want to hang out this weekend" or "hey there's this really awesome movie that just came out, wanna go see it Friday night?"

Dont worry to much about "what" you're going to do. You're not going to get bored around the person you like, and if she recipricates those feelings she won't care either. Me and my now-girlfriend spent a day just pointing at cars passing us by and what kind of person probably drives it

• It's going to be awkward no matter what. :P I've only asked one girl out, and I did so by asking if she wanted to hang out or something that weekend...yeah, kind of lame but it turned out fine though I was terrified when I asked. We ended up just watching movies at her dorm. I guess it was appropriate to have a first date type thing in private, just because of the type of people we are. That's all I got; don't know if that helps any. :P