Do guys seriously think looking like a Victoria Secret model would be easy?

I mean an attitude like this link . I had a discussion with a friend and that is exactly what he said. He also said the way VS models look is the most natural and all women could look like that if we just didn't overeat.

So I'm wondering is it just him or do most guys think like this? Do you think we'd all look like models if we just ate less chocolate?

On a side note I know a lot of men say they don't like the skinny model look, but when I was that skinny (and I'm not fat now just 125lbs) I got hit on more often and I see guys hitting on those girls all the time, so obviously enough of you do

I used to model and believe me most girls are underweight and working damn hard (borderline unhealthy) to get the body they have. While most eat somewhat healthy usually they often eat nothing for weeks before big events and even their everyday diet is fairly unattainable for most women.

Most live off fruit,veggies, lean meat and beans.Nothing else. No pasta,bread,milk,potatoes,rice, yoghurt. A banana is considered a treat in the model world. Additionally they work out 2 - 3 hours a day. That is not easy and not healthy either. If most guys think it, that's just sad. really

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he's talking about building muscle vs being generally fit. It's more difficult to build muscle than it is to just be fit.

But yes, that guy does sound like an idiot, and no, most guys don't feel this way. I personally only expect someone to be themselves, and to be cute enough for me to find them cute. Body size has very little to do with it, as long as she isn't bigger than I am, and I think most guys will admit they feel the same way.

What Guys Said 18

• This sounds more like a rant than a question.

Men AND Women like the model type of bodies, Not all men and women like that type of bodies, for example: Some Women might like guys who are fit, toned or with 6 pack, oppose to a simple flat stomach skinny guy. Each thing differs from person to person.

Men don't always demand that their women should be like models just like how women don't always want guys with 6 packs. It would be nice, but its not a demand. Different people are interested in different things, some guys like average to curvy women, some women prefer a big chubby guy to an average guy.

I haven't found a single model attractive completely, She might have a cute face but after that, I lose interest really quick. Not all men like skinny women, So don't think all men want that, It might be a good portion, just not a whole percentage.

• No it's honestly a question. I was surprised. I thought it was kinda common opinion that models work damn hard for their bodies. At least that is what most girls are thinking. Now I'm not quite sure anymore what most guys are thinking?

I know men don't demand, but a whole lot probably wish their gfs would look like that. And I don't know but my friend sounded almost resentful towards women who are bit bigger for not looking as hot because he thinks it's super easy

• Guys have different tastes, Some guys wish their girlfriends who have B cups to have D cups, Or a flat butt to a round butt, etc etc. Women are just as guilty but they are more lenient and try their best not to think about it but in the back of their mind, they think about the same thing. Regarding to your comment on Dutch Atheist's answer, You're much skinnier than me, So its easier for you to see results faster than me.

• I can only speak for myself and my experience being born and live in Sweden.

From those two pictures the girl is much closer to her natural body type then that man is.

It's quite common to see teenage girls on the beach looking like that. They are not models, just regular girls with a normal diet.

It's very uncommon to see a teenage / mid twenties guy with a body like that picture since that is a body type 0% of the population is born with. It takes years and years of dedicated training and is never something you are born with, which the girls body type many times is. At least here.

But if you DON'T have that girls body type naturally then of course it will take hard work from the girl to maintain that look.

• That pic is obviously bullsh*t. It takes work for women to be in shape too. Bodybuilding is super hard work, definitely no taking away from that, and some girls can just be hot simply by watching their diet, that's also true. But saying a VS model just had that fall into her lap is a lie. They definitely work their asses off for that, their body, their skincare routine, their appearance, everything takes tremendous effort and dedication.

But the math is simple, curb your calorie intake and augment your energy expense and you will loose weight, that's simple 1+1=2 logic. Unless you have a condition that makes this impossible it really is that simple.

What's tough is staying disciplined, especially if you're starving yourself (I never understood how girls can do that, it's nuts! I think I'd be fat if I was a chick, I love my food lol).

• You're looking at this from the wrong standard completely.

For the average female, to be thin and beautiful(no they aren't necessarily synonymous), you just have to control your diet. It's a ridiculously simple thing to do when done right.

I'm not really sure why you're asking this question, since being a high class model isn't easy for a woman OR a man - obviously.

What I think your friend's argument is, is that for a more average person the higher standard of beauty for women is more easily attainable. Women are simply required to be thin - men need to work their asses off for a long time, both dieting and working out.

• Do I think its easy? No. It's something that takes work and dedication. Some less than other because they have better genetics.

I think everyone should at least try to maintain a healthy body and diet. Too me that is important, we all only get one body. Respect it.

• If you don't overeat, anybody can be thin. I'm not talking 'runway model' thin, but at least 'actress thin', which in my opinion is perfect. For a guy to look ripped, he has to work out like a maniac, for a woman to look sexy, al she really has to do is watch her diet. I know some hot girls and almost none of them work out, I know some hot guys and most of them work out religiously.

Being a runway model is a totally different ball park though, that requires, for most girls, starvation. Although I happen to know two sisters that are models and they are naturally freakishly thin, 'good genes'.

• He has a good point, It is a different ballpark, I workout almost religiously and I still only have an ab here and there.

• Lol no QA

Bodybuilders are no jokers. They work out extremely rigorously hours at a time. Follow and extremely strict diet too, no fooling around. It's a tremendous amount of work.

And even just looking normal good, not bufff but toned, takes hours of training regularly. And no slacking off, or that toning goes 12 times faster than it came. Same for many girls too though...

• I don't doubt that, but bodybuilders aren't generally considered ideal looking. Most girls want something waay less muscles than the guy in the pic. I was just saying I have pretty decent abs and I have no idea where they come from because I never purposley worked them

• To be honest most guys think these girls are naturally fit and beautiful aside from the makeup and sensual clothes they may be posing in. I understand their is a lot of work by women to look attractive and to meet a certain media image. For most guys you know a girl or have heard of a girl who eats whatever she wants when she wants. This girl is "the exception" . The misunderstanding is "the exception" becomes the belief. Meaning that guys think most girls don't have to work hard at looking good. We all know how magazines show beautiful girls as "hometown hotties" and they say typical things that would attract men but not on how hard they worked to get that body for that particular photo shoot. The thought process is " if the average girl can look good by doing nothing it can't be that much harder for models to look as they do".

On a side note in reference to your link most men think of having to go through a regiment to get a good body and for a girl to go through a diet. I'm not denying anything that women do to be arduous but from a guys standpoint it seems less arduous.

• Its funny how you complain about looking like a Victoria's Secret model because the guy in that pic as to do more then the girl. Its true all the girl needs to do is not eat like a hippo, the guy needs to work out, run and eat right.

• I one upped this when I meant to downvote it. Like I said, that's because building muscle is more difficult than being simply physically fit. But not all girls want a dude with muscles that are that f***ing big, and there's something very homosexual about a man who cares about his own body to THAT extent.

• I get that not all women want a big muscular guy most lets be real, If the guy doesn't have a six pack of abs he ain't getting with no one. Women are more shallow when it comes to looks.

• I disagree with their very definition of "looking good", so I don't really care if you look like a model ~ models are skinny and usually not even attractive on any level. Pretty girls among models are in fact the exception for some reason.

• I think it is easier for a girl to look good than for a guy. Most models aren't even "fit." They are just healthy and have a good figure.

Lots of the sexy girls I know have never spent a minute in a gym. They just eat healthy and take care of themselves.

The men that I know who look like the guy in the picture spend hours every week working out.

• you're wrong, most models I know train like professional athletes and eat extremley healthy which combined isn't super healthy anymore

• Eating healthy means that you have a good diet, meaning that you eat quality food in good quantities.

And I'm not wrong. The models that you know work out. The hot girls that I know don't. That doesn't make me wrong. Don't be mad just because you're not hearing the answer you want to hear.

• You were wrong when you said most models aren't even "fit", that's what I was referring too

• Well, it's certainly true that a man isn't going to get a six-pack without working out. A girl, depending on how lucky she is, can look pretty damn good without going to the gym.

• First I've heard of that attitude. Weird that they define good looking for a guy as being that super ripped and rather disgusting, artificial looking shape too.

BUTTTTT if we are talking about good looking girl=super skinny and good looking guy=super buff, then yeah, the girl side would be easier.

Its nonsense though of course.

• you have a flawed perception of beautiful. you want beautiful? look at fitness models.. they are beautiful, they know how to maintain a healthy body and are a whole lot damn sexier than those unhealthy skeleton victorias secret models.

Do hardwork in the gym and you will be sexier than any model.

link

ok OK she has fake t*ts, but just ignore that, look at the rest of her

• You have an even more flawed perception of beautiful than she does. lol

• how is finding women who take care of their bodies and are generally very healthy attractive a flawed perception of physical beauty?

• God no I'm happy with my body it just annoys me and some guys think all of us could absolutley stunning with no effort at all

• Ones body type is ones body type, it's fitness that creates allure. Females needn't look emaciated to sport the highly sought after "gap" (otherwise knows as the "pudenda borealis" LOL).

• It's not easy. Some people are born better looking then others but everyone has to do the same things: eating well and exercising to stay in shape and be healthy.

• umm, you do know there's such thing as plus size models, right? in fact I saw some lingerie the other day that they actually have for plus size people

• ya well but that's not what we were discussing

• but you didn't break up my argument, because I said VS models

• just sayin'

• You can have an attractive body to the the gender without a huge amount of effort. You might need to exercise and you would have to resist the temptation of eating anything you want whenever you want. That's not true for everyone either. I've known some girls that apparently had a good metabolism.

I don't think it's easy, but I do think it is easier comparatively. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that guy had the help of steroids.

• I take your point that these girls are professionals for a reason - they get paid to diet, to exercise, to look like a VS model. If you didn't have anything else to do besides concentrating on your diet and exercise, sure maybe you can look like this.

That said, you can still look pretty damn good by not overeating and exercising regularly. Maybe not VS model-esque but good enough a guy won't complain. You are making things sound extreme when the problem is more of habit and taking care of your looks.

• well of course if looking is your profession this is a lot more attainable. But he said it was easy and it's def not.

I know you can stay slim by just not eating too much and moderate exercise. I'm 125lbs at 5'9 now I think that's pretty reasonable but that's 20lbs more than my model weight. It just seems like most guys have lost a sense of reality these days

• Most guys dont' actually work out, it's easy to for anybody to be an armchair doctor.

The thing is, as you lose more weight, your basal metabolism drops, so it becomes harder and harder to achieve a daily negative caloric balance. I usually find that my weight loss plateaus around BMI of 20-21. If you want to go under this, it definitely becomes a pseudo-starvation or hardcore exercise routine - if you have important work in daytime it is not realistic.

• I know that. Most models are around a BMI of 18 quite a few below it. I was at 16,5 and most girl I know were around 16 - 19. And I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for guys (or girls but lets face we're doing it mostly for you guys) who encourage such extremes in young girls

What Girls Said 8

• Men, when you start looking like Calvin Klein underwear models, then we will start looking like VS angels.

Everyone prefers different body types. Some men don't understand how weight loss differs for women. Sure, it's annoying, but it's also just ignorance and you don't have to listen to it.

Some people are naturally thin... But I personally find it more rewarding having worked for my body.

• Wow. That link with the FB pic of the girl and guy...REALLY misogynistic. Some girls have hypothyroidism, and they could eat almost nothing and still be overweight. Some have PCOS which causes weight gain. Some girls aren't made to be like an artsy-fartsy barbie-like victoria's secret model. It angers me that society treats women like crap and expects them to be 100% perfect. Please don't listen to these a**holes, and please don't date them either!

• This sounds like a rant for guys who like women who eat healthy and exercise

Pasta, bread, potatoes and rice aren't the healthiest

Lean meats, veggies and fruits are healthy enough. You DO realize vegetarians and vegans live off of veggies, fruits and bean derived foods

• Rice, wholegrain pasta and potatoes are pretty healthy, with bread it depends, but point is most models do not eat healthy. My former housemate used to eat to egg whites and some broccoli for breakfast. Then beans and salad with no dressing for dinner and if she couldn't stand it sometimes half an apple as a snack. Sorry but that's not enough but that's what you need to do if you really want it. VS models are actually some of the bigger models for other areas models have to be way thinner

• Actually, some people have a fast metabolism :) as does my friend, and most models. The more you work out, your metabolism continues working for a little while. Not the whole 24 hour period like some claim, but that helps. Most of them are lucky enough to naturally be thin

Obviously you've never heard Tyra talk about being bullied for being thin

• I know all that

• Some people being skinny is natural. They can eat whatever and never gain weight. My sister is like that. She's 116 pounds and eats anything and everything and never gains. I used to be that way until after the depo shot. For others it comes harder. You have to work out, eat right and watch your weight. Everyone is different

• I'm sorry, but any guy who really thinks that is just f***ing stupid.

• Truth.

In all forms.

I am so Glad you exposed this.

• When one looks healthy, feels healthy, acts healthy, it's attractive. Point one.

I believe VS models are not the same weight or look as catwalk models therefore they have 'more leeway.'

Many men I've met didn't go for stick figured women as many don't look healthy. P*rn actresses are hardly ever stick thin from my understanding. Breasts, roundness, behinds, aren't possible to be sustained on thin framed bodies.

I would agree that men have been more attracted to me while I was lighter in weight however when I see pictures of myself at heavier weights, I may be small framed, but I look hefty. It's not the most attractive for me. 127lbs -129lb seemed to be the weight which got me the most positive comments & the most advances from men. I currently am 10lb over but that's ok! Lost 10lb to date! So, I'm getting back on track. Amen!

As for how to eat, I would never go extreme, I think Weight Watchers helps one keep eating everything but less for the longterm.

Life is not about getting a man. They are just the blessings...:) Once you let go, and take care of you...stop hurting you and seeking ways to enjoy yourself, only then will you come to realize that you are a blessing to men too:)

• I think men do believe that.

I know my partner does, I'm a bigger girl and he just doesn't understand.

It has caused many arguments.

I'm one of those unfortunate buggers who can't lose weight unless I eat near enough nothing (doctors even said to lose weight I need less than 1,500 a day). When I was younger I was really big. Like... US size 24-26 big. I stopped eating and exercised for 2 hours a day and basically passed out from exhaustion. I shrunk to a size 10 within 3 months. I'm now a size 12, aiming for a size 6-8. He doesn't understand why I don't do it again - if it worked once, it'll work again.

There is more pressure for a woman to be thinner than a man. Out of the two genders, broadly speaking the man is bigger build so he needs more food. I think men have more pressure to strain their bodies to get the muscle, but women are maybe fitter? More of their exercise comes from cardio.

Of course, there are some models who are naturally tiny. My partners sister is a runway model and she eats takeaways, etc, she's just skinny like her brother.