What do you think of bellybutton rings?

guys/girls - what do you think of bellybutton rings?

A good guy friend of mine once told me that only 'slutty girls' have them but I don't think that's true at all - I think they are cute, and make your stomach somehow look better.

i don't have one..i was just debating getting one, lol

Most Helpful Girl

• The "slut" stereotype depends on the girl that has one. Personally, I find that a lot of the "trendy, preppy" type girls go and get their belly buttons pierced to look cool, and since these are typically the party type girls, this is probably where the stereotype comes into play. But getting your belly button pierced won't make you slutty, and if you like it, go for it.

The thing is though, ONLY get it pierced if you're fit. Fit is the key word here, because I've seen plenty of girls who are small/skinny but not actually toned, and still have flab on their stomach, arms, etc. Belly button rings never ever ever look good on a chubby stomach (same thing with hip piercings, tattoos on your back...ugh.) A girl I saw in the mall once had this tight pair of jeans on with her stomach hanging out over the top (I think it's called a muffin top?) and a pierced belly button. It looked TERRIBLE.

But hey, on the plus side, getting it pierced might be an incentive to stay in shape! Just get it done by someone who knows what they're doing so you have less of a chance of the piercing rejecting or getting infected.

What Guys Said 16

• The piercings I like on a girl are the ears. Looking at a girl's face instead of her lower regions just is so much more enjoyable. One of the cutest things about girls is their tiny ears. Stick to the ears please. :)

• Sometime the lower regions can be quite aesthetically pleasing! I can appreciate a good set of legs on a woman. . . .But I see your point and I agree. Just trying to stir the pot!

• They do NOT make your stomach look better. If you have a nice stomach it looks nice without the piercing. If you don't have a nice stomach, the piercing won't help. In fact, I think they take away from the natural beauty of the stomach if anything. They are not cute.

• I dint take a bath fer a year once and ended up with a big ole ring around by belly button. I dint like it much because it had some kinka lint fuz around it and started ta smellin odd-like. I just scrubbed it good an it come right off. so I don't want no more belly button rings. might look good on you tho. hard tellin, not knowin.

• Turn me off too. It is like those barbed wire tattoos, sure they were cool ten years ago but since everyone gets one, its lame. Same thing with belly button and nose rings, every girl gets it and its just not attractive.

• belly button piercings look very good on most girls and I'd love to have a girlfriend with one for sure , I just find it very appealing and sexy for a number of reasons . so to the girls go for it and get one cause they look really good there

• I wouldn't say slutty but they turn me off.

• I don't like rings on the belly button, but I like belly button jewelry such as a bar with a gem or something similar.

• regular guy had the best answer.

i think bellybutton rings are trashy.

• My answer on this is totally me telling the truth about what every guy thinks and that it is the way that I think also. If the girl is skinny and doesn't really have a weight problem then it looks good but if the girl is way over weight then its just a trailer hitch and its not attractive at all.

• my daughter has one she's not a slut! I think they can be very sexy but my self I would think in the long term like tattoos you may wish you didn't do it personaly I don't think we should poking all kinds off holes in are body I got my ear peirced as a teen I haven't wore earrings in yrs. now days when I rub my ear lobe you can smell like old skin tissue and it bothers me think donw the road

• gross.

• how nice is your stomach? your basically getting stomach jewelry so if its not nice then I wouldn't show it off, which is what you'll want to do. I'm more of a pierced tongue kinda guy anyway...

• After seeing this scene in a movie, I don't know why any girl would get a bellybutton ring.

link

• i like them in not really into it like that unless I'm making love with a girl and I can use that as a g spot on a girl I think some girls with belly button rings should not have them its a level you have to be at to where them

• my friend has one I think it looks hot on her... but it looks like it get in her way most of time and she sometims complains about ever gettin one ...so I don't think you should get one if it ganna get in the way of doing things

• Why would it be a sluty thing. I think if it's done in good taste then it is very hot for me.

What Girls Said 16

• i think they make a toned stomach look nice, but just a little bit of bling, none of those dangly dolphin things. but I do agree with the guys that belly button piercing has gotten really common.

• I came across this thread( looking for the guys perspective on belly button piercings ) as I am turning 16 soon and a lot of my friends have started getting piercings ( so I wanted to see the male perspective on it , if they find it attractive or not) I know it probably shouldn't matter so much to me but I don't want to be stereotyped as " trashy" or "sluttish" EC: I am am not a fan of piercings to be honest on girls myself ( I think sometimes it wreaks an otherwise sweet,pretty face.) although I have wanted my belly done for about 3 years now and my mum and dad are pretty straight edge so they said 16 because the law here is you can't get it pierced till then without permit ion anyway... I go to the beach a lot because we live pritty much on it so I am always swimming and in bikinis I really like the small belly button piercings like the tiny little sparkley ones. my qestion is if I met someone I really fell for and he saw it would he have an image of me that is diffrent to the one which actual is I'm very innocent naive and straightedge would this make people think I was promiscuous or trashy :( ? ( I like my tummy as it is toned and brown and wanted to enhance it :) hopefully ending up looking cute )

• I think they look cute on some people. I don't like the huge ones that dangle everywhere though. I wouldn't say they are slutty either, but I could see why some guys might consider them slutty.

• It's not if you have a belly button ring, it's how you wear it and show it off. Slutty girls will make it stand out and they will contstnantly be playing with it just to get someone to look at it and comment. They are the people who run around lifting up their shirts saying "I just got my belly button peirced." I know some one like that, but my best friend has one and she doesn't show it off much, unless she is in a bathing suit. She doesn't make it noticable and that's not slutty at all. I personally would never get one, but I see no problem in my friends who have them, as long as they wear it right.

• i absolutely love them . not all girls that have them a sluts . its just a stereotype . many girls that are far from sluts have them. they are cute and they do make your stomach look better . but if you have fat around your stomach don't get it done . I would try to lose it first and try to get abs before you get it pierced.

• Yeh they look cute on toned stomachs and I wanted one when I was at school because it seemed like every girl had one but now I would never get one and I'm glad I didn't. Especially because after my sister had hers pierced it got all infected and put me off it lol.

• i don't know if I want one either. . . oh and these REALLY help the stereotypes: link

• I have my belly button pierced and I absolutely love it. I think it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I don't wear a dangly one so it never gets in the way of anything. I have had no problems with it and It's just something cute to add sparkle during the summer. My boyfriend loves it also and is always playing with it when we lay in bed. Seriously, go for it. Don't worry about what other people say. if you want it, it is SOOO worth it.

• Depends on the girl. How she is dressed and who she decides to show her belly button ring to. It also depends on how big the rolls on her tummy are. Toned flat tummies pull it off the best. I have a belly button ring. It's very small with one small diamond. Its something I like to see on myself. I don't show it to the public unless I am on the beach in a swim suit. It's something personal. Some girls flaunt it, in a very very wrong way...and that's where the slutty term was coined.

• I like them.

• i think they are so pretty and not only slutty girls get them.

• Every girl I know who has one is a slut in some way. It's trashy and the girls get them because guys find it hot where I live for some reason.

• It's cool I think.:)

• i would get one except I'm scared it's going to hurt but I love them

• i think they're ok. I agree it doesn't mean they're slutty. but I would not personally get one. it's just extra work for me.

• I don't like bellybuttons rings. They do tend to scream whore. But that is just me. My opinion. Please no one take this personally.