Is this tall or average for a woman?

Just wanting to know is a woman who is 5'7 considered average height or tall?

I'm American

Most Helpful Guy

• In the US, the average height for adult women is 5'3.25" and the average height for adult men is 5'8.5". However, this varies from region to region, for example, where I live the average man is about 5'7" and the average woman is either 5'2" or 5'3", but in other places the average woman can be 5'5" or 5'6" and the average man as tall as 5'11". The heights in that statistic were taken from a medical journal where those measured were only measured in bare feet and it excluded any self-reported heights (which tend to be exaggerated), so the numbers may be surprisingly low.

So basically, you're tall but within normal range tall.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends upon what country she's from. Height varies a lot depending upon ethnic groups.

• 5'6" is the average height for a woman. So, you are slightly on the tall end.

• Isn't it 5'5?

• My sister's rubbed it in everyones faces that she's 1cm over average height...which she claims to be 5'6". Which looks average to me. 5'4" and 5'5" look kinds short. Of course, being 6'2" helps that...

• You really can't tell the difference between 5'5 and 5'6 for 5'5 to be considered looking kind of short. I've heard all my life 5'5 being the average height.

What Girls Said 11

• In the united states, he average height is between 5'3 and 5'4. So no, 5'7 is not average, that is tall compared to the average of women. However, depending on what standard you're measuring, you may see that as a medium height instead of short or tall. But if short or tall is in comparison to the average, 5'7 is tall in the united states.

• I see some sources say it is 5'4.6''. So 5'7 is definitely tall, no question about it. However the average is is either 5'3-5'4 or 5'4.6"

• Taller than average.

With height comes leniency, more inches to hide pounds. That's why I never forget how blessed I am to be taller than average.

...for the record :3 I'm dead serious

• She would be considered slightly taller than average, but not really considered tall.

I would consider tall for a woman about 5'9 and up.

• Like TheDigitalSaint said, it depends where you're from. But I'd say overall it's considered the high end of average, maybe tall.

• Taller than average, but not super tall or "awkward" tall. It's a good height. Over 5'9" is not good so you are safe

• You are a little about the average height.

I believe it's 5'5" or 5'6" that's the standard for average height.

• I believe that would be the tall side of average.

• Slightly taller than average, but at 5'10", you're average to me.

• 5'4 is average for a woman so its above average. I wouldn't say its tall since I'm 5'7 and I don't feel tall haha

• 5'7 is considered tall, being tall isn't anything bad, a lot of models are very tall, but being short isn't bad either, it just is what it is, tall, short or average, everyone is beautiful :)

• It depends on which country we're talking about...

I consider 5'7 tall but then again I'm short...