Tips? Tricks ? Ideas ?

Im 19 but I look really young, I think its because of my small stature - I'm like 5.5 in height and 110 pounds. Any ideas on tips for me to look older, maybe more mature. I am tired of people asking for my ID and stuff because I look young and I am fed up f people treating me like imma "kid".

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe think about your make up and clothes. Be careful not to go overboard with make up - most older people don't coat it on, it's the younger girls who do to try and make themselves look older! Try more complex make up/eyeshadows.

Don't wear t-shirts with cartoons and things on. Go for classy/office sort of things. Sensible shoes. Etc. A handbag is always a statement, bold funky handbags are a younger thing, plain sensible ones implies a working woman.

Basically, look at your parents friends! Look at how they act and dress and compare them to yourself.

I'm sure you don't wanna hear it but feel blessed! I'm 20, I've been served alcohol since 16 and nobody challenges me. When I was 17 someone once thought I was 31... most people think I'm mid twenties. I'm very scared I'm going to be an old looking woman.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• I get the same I am 24 and get carded.But as I have been told to enjoy it while it lasts.And it is all good just think about this when you are older people will be jealous because you will look young when they look like if they sneeze dust will come out lol

What Girls Said 6

• I work age things to my advantage. If I wear what I like to wear on a casual basis, I can pass for a high school student. Other times, I can pass for being a couple of years older than I am.

You want to look older? My best tip is to dress with "office professional" in mind.

Do makeup in more natural colors and pick a lipstick or stain just slightly darker than your natural lip color. I like to include fairly basic black boots. Also, take it easy on the accessories.

It might also be your face. Large, round eyes tend to make people look younger, for example. I have large eyes, but with the right eye makeup, I can change the way they look.

For the record, I'm 5'4" and 105 lbs, and 20 years old.

As for people treating you like a kid, I've found the less you whine about it, the more people treat you like an adult. Take the initiative with your own actions on that one.

• 5'5 is average height.

But I get it, you are thin and look very young.

-Try wearing heels

-Make up

-Skirts and blouse

(Try t o avoid shirts with big letters on it if you want to look more mature).

• it would help if I had a picture to go off of. I know several tricks with the hair and makeup to make you look older, but only if I know what you look like.

• I still get spoken down to at 30 and by people who are actually younger than I am. What I tend to do now is to just simply say to anyone who becomes condescending with me is "I'm 30 years old, I'm an adult and you are going to speak to me like an adult or else I'm walking away from this conversation" It sounds harsh and might seem tough to say but the fact is there is no set rule as to what a 19 year old should look like. If you are an adult you should not be treated like a child. Most places are required by law to ask for ID. Here in Australia people have to ask you if you look under 30 years of age. It's not because they think of you as a kid necessarily it's just their job. They should be asking your friend for ID too if they are around the same age. Most importantly never look up to anyone who looks down upon you.

• Lots of make-up and provocative clothing can work, but sometimes it just looks like dress-up. And 5'5 isn't short (i'm not about to say fun-sized either, we're the same height) it's actually above average. If nothing works, just always have your ID on you.

• I think its all about attitude... be confident, and sexy, look people in the eyes, crack jokes and be fierce! To do this you may need to change your look, have big hair since you're short.. it will add height, wear heels, and wear high fashion clothes, intense make up... see if people treat you different.