Looks do matter? Let's face it.

It do they? Easy question:

Would you rather have someone sexy as hell who treats you like dirt?

Or would you take the unattractive person who treats you like their world?

By sexy as hell I mean a picture someone who in your mind is just like...damn...lol

And by unattractive I mean don't carry themselves good at all...

Intresting answers...its more like a social experiment question. Not what I think. I want to know what YOU guys think. That's the point ;)

I'm not saying I think looks matter more to ME. But I knew hat the title would interest you guys. Thanks for the responses. Keep em coming! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no way in hell I would be with a guy who treats me like dirt, regardless of his looks. In all honesty I can't say if I would go for the other guy or not, just because I have never been in a situation where I found a guy who I liked personality wise, entirely unattractive physically. I would like to think I would go for it but I honestly don't know.

What Guys Said 16

• Of course looks matter. Looks have always mattered. Being dominant and mean matters.

The problem with your question is it assumes attractiveness is binary. In other words, it assumes someone is either very attractive or very ugly. But attractiveness comes in various levels. Thus a guy like me would prefer to find a girl who's still fairly attractive but still also nice.

And someone who treats you like their world is basically kissing your butt and you can't respect anyone who kisses your butt.

• Of course looks matter to an extent, but most people are secure enough that they aren't going to choose a jerk/bitch/abuser just because they are really good-looking. Yes, a few do, but most people understand that at the end of the day, personality is the #1 thing.

I'd be much happier with a girl who was a 4 in looks and a 9 in personality than with a girl who was a 9 in looks and a 5 in personality.

• Well if I'm with someone who treats me like crap, then I wouldn't be with someone attractive then. If I'm with someone who doesn't carry themselves well they will be a million times more beautiful because how much I love them. Someone who is mean to me can't be hot anymore, I'll always just feel hate towards them rather than attraction.

• I get turned off by slutty attitude notwithstanding how sexy the girl is.

• I would not want to be treated like dirt, regardless of how attractive she is. IMO, that attitude can make a girls attractiveness plummet to virtually nothing.

• If looks didn't matter in this world, then Kim Kardashian would not be a celebrity.

• I am really attractive and I have no friends.

So If I got a girlfriend Id treat her amazing because she would be all I have.

One problem, I haven't hung out with someone in a long time Id just make a fool of myself so I don't try to get to know girls that want me.

• Looks matter.

Would I have someone sexy as hell who treats me like dirt?

No, in a 'best' case it's just sex and bye-bye, but I'm not that kind of a guy who f***s around catching STDs anyway.

Also no - then in a 'best' case it's just-friends and that's it.

Both of these things must be there at the same time to make a relationship work.

• The question is not realistic. Why do we always have to take the two extremes? The ideal situation is always in the middle. And I am only talking in terms of marriage.

• Of course looks matter, you're just looking at it from a very objective, black and white perspective.

• Looks are by far the most important thing.

If you don't have looks women won't even let you display your personality. While I have no experience trying to chat up men I assume its a similar situation with them too.

• I need something in the middle...I do not want someone who treats me like sh*t...and I do not wish to be worshipped either...I do not need a beauty queen...but would not be interested in a dog...o.O

• of course looks matter. people are so caught up with being politically correct that they don't see the line anymore. no one wants to date ugly girls with pimples and sh*t.

• As long as they looked DECENT and treated me well I wouldn't mind.There's a difference between ass ugly and not carrying yourself good.

• Yes, looks matter, but personality is more important in the long run.

• Obviously looks matter to a degree

I think they would both suck to have lol. I would want nothing to do with the first one because they would treat me poorly. I wouldn't want to be with the second one because they were unattracrive but at least I could be friends with them because she is nice

What Girls Said 9

• Looks do matter in this world, but I'm not the type of person to let someone treat me like dirt, no matter how good they look. If he treats me like I'm his world, and the feeling is mutual, then f*** looks!

• Of COURSE looks matter. People take it too far by saying they don't matter. What they mean is that they are not the most important. Looks will not bring happiness, and are only good for immediate attraction. After you get to know someone, their personality makes them attractive.

• To me looks don't matter as long as the person makes me happy I'm happy I find personality attractive and makes me want someone. Personality outshines the looks of a person in my point of veiw. People always tell me why do I date guys who don't always look nice or attractive and its because I rather get treated with respect then garbage and be looked down by someone who thinks they are the shet.

• Ok so they can't b sexy and not carry themselves well at the same time e_o I've known some pretty sexy idiots but anyway! I get your drift. Yea I would rather date a guy and a wheel chair with a heart full of gold rather than a hottie with a pocket full of gold. That's 4 sure.

• I would have the one who treats me with respect, as I do with them!

I wouldn't date the most attractive guy on the planet if he was a douche bag!

• How are people still asking this, looks matter anyone why tells you otherwise is and idiot. If you meet a stranger and the person is really attractive you are far more inclined to want to interact with them than if they are ugly. Once you get to know the person that changed but I initially looks are what defines if you interact with the person or not. Basically looks matter first and then everything else comes second. I would notice the very attractive person but when they start o treat me poorly I go find someone else, I wouldn't waste my time with someone I found unattractive despite how well they treated me because (I assume you are talking relationship wise) if you aren't physically attracted to your bf/gift the relationship will fall appart.

• Why do you assume that all attractive people treat others like sh*t? There's ugly people who have horrible personalities as well. So this hypothetical question seems rather silly to me. In this case I'd rather stay single! Neither of those is something I'd settle for.

Looks DO matter, but that does not mean I will put up with sh*t from anyone regardless of how attractive they are. There's plenty of attractive good people, I can find something better.

• I did not say that I think this way...it is a simple question..

• I'd rather be single.

• I really wouldn't want either one!

Looks matter to me, the more attractive the guy is the easier it is for me to fall for him