Why don't parents discipline their kids anymore?

was on line at the chikfila and this woman is letting her kids run around the place and climb up on the cashiers counter.

i want smack the kid and his mom. looked at a guy behind me who was with his wife and boy of about the same age & we both had the same disappointed & angry look

Most Helpful Guy

• You know discipline is illegal. This is the USA and in a few years they will make good news copy. You know they have an early casket or prison cell with their names on it. Good parenting provides the desired results.

They will always be poor.

What Guys Said 3

• Over the years this is how it will end up being.

Video games + Marijuana legalization are mellowing parents down.

Politics are ruining peoples lives and slowly will our world come to a collapse.

Thank ye cataclysm for cleansing this plagued earth!

• Disciplining children is a politically incorrect concept these days. There was a thread here recently in which many "enlightened" individuals spewed their judgment of parents who discipline their kids. They are fools, all of them.

• They are: undisciplined themselves, too lazy, don't care, too soft/nice, don't know how to discipline, or combination thereof.

What Girls Said 6

• Because what was once considered disciplining back in the day is now considered "abuse."

We actually had a class discussion about this in sociology and most of us agreed that what was once upon a time acceptable(belts, switch, shoes, hands) is child abuse and you'll get a lovely visit from the CPS

We've become a bunch of soft p******

• I don't know. My parents weren't strict with me, but they raised me to listen and mind my manners.

Then they had triplets 8 years after me. It might be the number of kids all at once or something, but somehow my sister got left out of the being raised polite idea. She's just unconfined energy all the time.

• Because a lot of people think that their kid is so f-ing cute. They don't realize that they are the only ones who think that. I think also, a lot of it has to do with the fact that the parents themselves weren't disciplined too well. The whole discipline is now considered abuse thing may be true, but regardless I'm going to spank my kid if they need a spanking. I wouldn't want my kids acting like that. It ruins things for the good parent out there.

• I really agree with the anonymous answer, "They are: undisciplined themselves, too lazy, don't care, too soft/nice, don't know how to discipline, or combination thereof."

I assume (I don't really know or claim to know anyone's business so this is a general statement) there is a lot of inconsistency with discipline along with being more of a fun friend instead of an assertive parent because they don't want to deal with the tantrums and what not.

Though this could also apply if they are too strict, either way I think they just don't really know what they are doing and the child(ren)'s behavior is what comes from it. More often than not leading to out of control and/or manipulative behavior from the children.

There are probably some few that haven't done anything wrong and the children are just out of control. Its hard to say and generalize so many people you know, we don't know what's going on in their lives or how they were brought up. Maybe they are doing a good job compared to what they got.

• I don't think you going to see great parenting skills at chickfila...

• there were plenty of other well behaved kids with their parents.

care to explain what you mean?

• I am passionate about health and have seen the effects first hand of a healthy diet on the human body. I have cured my blood sugar issues, chronic fatigue, depression, painful periods and acne by eating a whole foods diet (with an emphasis on raw foods). Modern medicine is only trained to suppress symptoms of diseases when the focus should be on strengthening the whole body and its immune system, first by getting rid of the toxins in our bodies and becoming alkaline, so it can fight diseases

• and properly eliminate toxins. I'm glad you are interested! I can link you some sites if you want, it is really to much to explain in a comment and a high protein/fat and low carb diet is ABSOLUTE propaganda from the diary/meat industry... sounds like the akins bullsh*t..

• Idiots breed idiot children.

• no license required.

• so its the grandparents fault or farther back lol

• My point is it always starts with parents. The children at chick fil a had idiot parents. When you burn your hand on something, you learn not to do it again. Parents gave up on discipline. Maybe it's the parents grandparents fault.