How to look SEXY for a guy without looking trashy?

Opinions of both guys and girls are appreciated!

I was just wondering if there is any way to look sexy, but at the same time not to look like a slut.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look cute! Don't show off too much cleavage or skin, but definitely show off your body. Make your hair really nice. Don't wear so much make-up. I think the sexiest women wear as little make-up as possible. A lot of make-up is super slutty. Eye-shadow, eyeliner, lipstick, etc. Slutty. No crazy heels. No crazy nails. French tips are okay, but nothing beyond that. No glitter or anything. Make sure your bra straps don't show. That's a little slutty.

Try to just look like an innocent natural cutie, and your man with think it's super sexy without a trace of sluttiness!

I looooove love love this type of look.

• i agree with you!

it does make you look sexy but at the same time not trashy.

thanks.

• Sluts keep voting this down with no explanation.

What Guys Said 9

• It only depends on the definition of "look like a slut".

A girl can be completely naked without being a 'slut', while a full time prostitute can be dressed like a nun or like an Afghan peasant woman, with a burqah.

• Please. Let's not act like people aren't prejudice based on appearance. Seriously. Put Christina Applegate next to a nun and see which woman people think is more likely to be a slut. Appearance counts. There's a reason why prostitutes don't dress like nuns... and it's because they won't get any customers. Why act like these kinds of prejudices don't exist?

• "prejudices " indeed: link

• The QA is specifically asking how to not "look" trashy. LOOOOOK trashy. And you are talking about how to not BE trashy.

• Dress well. Not trashy, but just your own style. If you have confidence in your style that is better than any trashy clothing will ever be.

• Being sexy has little t do with what you wear and more to do with how you carry yourself. Its just a matter of feeling comfortable with yourself and your sexuality that it shows naturally.

• Ya I agree with that. thanks

• The more skin you expose, the trashier it looks

• Dont go overboard with makeup. Don't show too much skin.

• yeah. I don't like too put on too much make up either. thanks.

• Be yourself (:

• Show enough skin to get someone interested but not enough to convince them that you are easy.

• 1|0
  • I don't know why but I find just black leggings incredibly sexy :P link

What Girls Said 4

• Don't bother dresing sexy for a guy. Dress sexy for you! If you feel good, you will look good, and guys will notice. Wear something that you feel pretty and confident in, but don't worry about showing skin. If you want some inspiration, think of a celebrity who's sense of style you admire, and who has a similar body type to yours, and google some images of outfits that they wear that make them look pretty without being "slutty".

You don't need to have a perfect body or wardrobe to look good. Just show off your best features and leave the rest to the imagination. And remember, don't just focus on how your chest, waist, and hips look. Other parts of your body can be sexy too!

For example, here's my formula. When I go out to the bar, I usually wear a pair of skinnies with some boots, a cowel-neck top, and a fitted leather jacket. The shirt doesn't show off a lot of cleavage, but the drapping style is flattering on my smaller frame. Skinny jeans are flattering on my long legs, and boots give me good posture. I often wear dangly earings, because I have a pixie cut and the earings draw attention to my neck. While some girls might consider their boobs, hips, etc to be their best feature, I'm aware that mine are my legs and slender neck, so I try and make use of this. This outfit makes me feel nice, and I get more attention from guys dressed this way than I do in a minidress or any other outfit. You just need to find your style that shows off how cute you are, and guys will be drawn to you. They can see that you're a woman, so they only need a few peices to put the puzzle together. Good luck!

• aw you must be looking very pretty! thanks for sharing your formula. I will try doing that.

• Thanks! And I'm sure you are too. The celebrity that I try to emulate when I'm feeling insecure is Sarah Michelle Gellar. She always managed to look hot on Buffy in a pair of leather pants and a shirt with a higher neckline. I have trouble shopping for my body type, which I know is an issue for LOTS of women. Just show off whatever your favorite feature is, and you'll feel good. :D

• Work w what you've got. Show off your best asset. Legs, boobs, butt, etc. Only accentuate one thing and keep everything else fairly covered. Classy instead of trashy:)

• Try to only accentuate a single part of the body. like short shorts and covered up top. A low cut shirt and jeans etc.

• Be yourself! :)

And for clothes... a lot of girls think you'll be sexy when you wear revealing clothes. That is not true. When wearing very revealing clothes, people look and stare, ofcourse, but to be sexy and not slutty, its very important to remember its all about little details. Less is more, you know?

For an example, a good fitting jeans, (or whatever jeans you like), v neck shirt, (okay, shows a little cleavage, but too much) and nice shoes, and a cute bag, are very sexy, but not trashy at all. Maybe add some cute earrings, some mascara & lipgloss, and your good to go. Sexy isn't all about clothes though, you can be sexy the way you act, the way you walk, the way you move. Its very different for everyone. :)

• "but too much" had to be "but not too much" :P sorry! little mistake there.

• Ofcourse it should be naturally toned, not too much ofcourse. Just a small amount of mascara, and some idk, light pink lipgloss or something. Or just chapstick! Makes your lips soft and gives a very little shine.

• My girl never wears lipstick or lip gloss. Only chap stick, and I think she has the best lips I've ever seen! I remember high school days when women were just starting to use make-up and would easily overdo it. They would really abuse lip gloss and eye shadow in my opinion. It looked really silly. Beautiful women naturally look really sexy!