Tanned and blonde: too tacky?

I have a lot of blond highlights in my hair. So many that I am now blond, not platinum, just blond, like this:

link

lol, that´s not me but my hair kind of looks like that, but naturally straight.

The thing is that it´s summer where I live and I exercise by going out for long walks so it´s inevitable that I get tanned.

I have very white skin and green eyes (that´s why I dye my hair blond, because it looks natural on my complexion) but now that I´m tanned I´m afraid I look like a barbie.

Is it too terrible? I can´t hide in my house until winter comes...

Most Helpful Girl

• One of my golden rules when it comes to hair color and skin tone is do never have a hair color that's lighter then the skin color. But I don't think you have to worry since you said you are very white meaning pale then I'm sure you won't get too dark no matter how much you tan. Go for the look in the image and you will get a healthy glow rather then a the black and white cookie look

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• Natural tans look a ton better than fake or spray-on tans. You'll probably look fine. You could always not dye your hair blond during the summertime, if you think your tan and hair are clashing?

• It would only look tacky if your tan was orange like fake spray tans. With the picture you showed the blond is not crazy looks very natural just try not to get to dark or go platinum or you will look kinda crazy . Theirs a lot of beautiful natural blondes with colored eyes that are medium to tan skin tone like this girl link

• Natural tan is usually very pretty. As long as you're not laying in a tanning bed and/or turning yourself orange, your fine. If anything, ask your hair dresser in the summertime what color he/she suggests. They would be able to give you an honest answer and awesome color.

• Nope! Tan and blond can look tacky, but that's only if you have like bleach blond hair and orange skin. Just keep it natural and your good. There are a lot of tan blond people out there! Example: Victoria's Secret Models, no worries my friend

• Stay away from the oompa loompa skin tone ie snooki and your good ^_^

• Looking like a Barbie is hot. I don't know why you're apprehensive about looking good but tan and blond is a hot look

• It looks pretty good and that is why so many people do it. It's a popular look because it's attractive.