Is it good to look like you're in your teens when you're in your 20s?

So I'm 22 years old, and most people usually don't believe me if they haven't known me. I get carded when buying alcohol/cigarettes. One time I brought some beer to the counter and the lady said "you gotta be kidding me", or something like that. I've handed my photo out a few times, and they say I look way to young or under age.

So liek... I'm cursed. 22 years old, and look like I'm 16, or so I hear

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 19 and I look like I'm 15. When I went to vote, a girl working the polls (who, by the way, didn't look much older than me), just assumed that I am under age and asked me to stand against the wall where the little kids waited for their parents until my mom was done voting. Then I was like, "No, I'm here to vote," and she said, "You have to be 18 to to vote," and I ended up having to pull out my ID, which isn't required here and I was pretty mad.

And all the time at work I hear teenagers and college kids complaining to each other that a "little kid" was able to find a job and they weren't.

I know looking young will be awesome when I'm older, but I don't like it now.

What Girls Said 28

• It's great. You'll grow into it. I'm 26 and still look 18. (: When I was your age I accordingly 'looked 14'. Honestly, at that time I was more annoyed because it made me feel like my boyfriends must have been pedophiles. lol. Outside of that, it's really not too bad.

• I'm the opposite. When employees in the grocery store would see me they would offer me wine (and I was only 15 then!) Honestly I don't think there's anything wrong with it when it comes to dating, I think it will just be a pain for things like buying alcohol/cigs/etc.

• Rhetorical questions:

Would you rather date a 16 year-old guy or a 20 year-old guy?

When you are 20, would you rather date an 18 year-old guy or a 25 year-old guy?

Whom are you more likely to be checking out when seeing both together?

As a 27 year-old who can look like he's 18, I know it hurts for male image.

For guys, youthfulness is a weakness until mid-30s for guys.

• Brother I hear you. Coming from a 23 year-old pocket-size Chinese girl. We are in the same boat (no pun intended). Trust when you hit forty your wife will look older than you. It will be like this until we hit 30. Another way to look older would be to work out since make up won't help you. Though apparently with make-up I still look like I'm still in high school.

• Same! No one believes me when I say I'm 20. Everyobe thinks my 18 year old sister is older. But its been proven that people who look younger than they are live longer :D yay us!

• Trust me its a good thing.

When you age you'll want to be glad that you can pass for younger.

• I guess for guys it does pose certain obstacles like going to club or meeting girl since most girls like guy that are older. I would say you have to live with what you have and appreciate it.

I look younger than my age too, I am 21 this year but for the past 3 years I have gotten lots of people asking me if I am 16 or 17. For me I take it as a compliment. After all which girl doesn't dream to stay youthful forever.

• I get that too! Do I look 22? lol

I was...16 or 17 at the time...my folks and I were going out to eat. The hostess, or whoever you label the person who seats you and gives you menus, grabbed two menus and a kids meal. I was about to tell her that I was too old for one, but she walked away before I could tell her. Talk about embarrassing...I just looked at my mom's menu and ordered off of that! lol

We'll cherish it when we're older! =) Something to look forward to!

• Im 22 as well, I still get called 14... I will like this when I'm older... like 30's : D

• You are barely out of your teens so yea. No worries.

• I look a little younger than I am; I probably look more like 18 but I'm 20. My brother looks young for his age and my dad looks young for his age too. I was actually looking at pictures of my dad when I was born (he was 29) and he looks like he is 17. Looking young now just means that you will age well.

• It is not about how to you look, it is about how you act. If you act like a little kid who has no idea what to do with himself, you won't get nothing. Try to dress more like adult, try wearing ties on some formal events, change your haircut, act and talk like one, because be ridiculous little boy is not hot at all. You should try look more serious.

Good luck :)

• If that's your picture up there than just change the look of your hair ... you will be thirty then :D

• that pic was a couple years old. The one I just changed to is more recent

• I used to be offended by it too. I'm still a bit annoyed when people assume I'm 16, yet I'm 20... Although, I know in the long run it'll be beneficial. I'd much rather look younger, than older.

• I am 19 and I look about 17. My mom is 43 and looks about 35, my dad is 48 and looks 40 and my sister will be 17 dec. 31st and she looks 14. There is nothing wrong with it, I know a lot of people go don't look there age. You will be happy you look young when your in your 40s as my mom says.

• I'm 20, and everyone assumes I'm like 16.

I don't know if it makes a difference when you start to get old or not. But I hope it does, lol. I hope that means I'm going to look young for a little longer than everyone else.

But whatever. I don't care that I look 16. I think it'd be worse to look much younger as a guy, though.

• lol I'm the same way! They think I'm thirteen trying to buy cigarettes for my mom and the height doesn't help. But It's a good thing cause when you're thirty you will look like your still 20. People kill for this blessing :)

• You'll look younger when you're older. You're going to age gracefully!

• It'll be nice when you're forty and you look like you're twenty five! :)

I'm sure it's annoying, but if you've always got your id, it's not a huge deal anyway.

• I am 18 and people ask me if I am twelve, its embarrassing, for some reason people think I'm short for my age.

• Yeah I have the same problem. People think I'm 16 and I'm 21. At least your not like me sister. She looks like she's 12, and she's 18. Lol.

• Same here! I hate it. when I buy cigarettes for my aunt, I usually already have my I.D. ready. I'm very shocked when I don't get carded. But as others say, it will be good quality in the future. Just sucks right now :(.

• thats OK lol ima 16 yearold girl but I look 13 just think when your thirty you'll still be dating 25 year olds lol

• The same here. But trust me, that's a good thing in a long term ;)

• It's normal. Most people your age look so young. To me you look like you're 9! lol

Anyway, I'm much older than you and I went to city walk 3 weeks ago and the cops wanted to take me because of curfew XD! I was like whaaaat!

• Oh god 9? I've heard as low as 12 but 9? That pic is a year or two old though.

• Dude, you do NOT look 9 (I would actually be concerned about facial features making you look too old upon closer inspection!)

If you are anything like me, you will get different answers from different people (some think I look like I just graduated HS, some think I look my age, and ONCE I was told I looked like I was 10 years older than another guy the same age as me -with a beard).

Eat frequently and go to the gym (thank me in 2 years), redo your hairstyle, and look into GQ/Hollywood fashion.

• HAhaha! XD I might have exaggerated a little about "9" but anyway... some people look too young one day and out of nowhere then they look too old.. so yea.. work out and eat well and it will be best for your future appearance!

• Not really it's good to look like you are in your 20's when you are in reality 35.

When you are in your 20's you WANT to look your age.

• Be happy! You have good genes, you don't have a beer belly and bags under your eyes. If you want to look older wear dressy clothes and sports coats.

• I get that all the time too. The worst was when I was trying to get a free sample from the grocery store and the lady said I couldn't take one unless my mom was there with me. I was like "wtf, I know I look young but I don't look that young!"

• At least you don't look like you're in your 30s

What Guys Said 15

• hehe, you think you have it tough, wait till your 33 and they still think your 16 or 17.

A couple of weeks ago I went to France for a 2 week vacation, to make myself look older I started to grow out my mustache and a small chin beard to give me an older look, it worked great and wasn't asked one time for any identification if I wanted to order a beer or wine at a restaurant.

In the USA, I always got questioned about my age , but didn't have my facial hair.

Maybe you should try to grow out some facial hair to see if you get a different reaction or treated diffrently, it worked for me.

• I'm 27, and I've been told I looked like I just graduated HIGH SCHOOL.

Finally, some artistic types figured it out: it's the hair. My hair is kind of lengthy and puffs up a bit. I tend to have it unkempt to some extent so it makes me look more immature. I pulled my hair back and immediately gained a decade in appearance.

Many older guys start balding as they age and short hair is pretty much the norm amongst us guys, so if you have longer hair and a lean build you will be mistaken for a kid much more often.

Solution: Go to the gym and eat more, and consider removing the parts of your hair that look too boyish.

I'm also half-Asian, so maybe Asian heritage makes one look a little younger to unaccustomed populations.

• From what I've seen on GAG, women tend to be attracted to older guys (20 year-old girls will say they will date men as much as 7 years older, but will not even look at guys who are 3 years younger!).

I hate to say it, but you should try to look your age as much as you can. Youth is bad for guys until mid 30s. THEN it becomes attractive.

Women in their 20s will tell you it is okay to look young, but they will always pick older-looking guys over younger-looking ones. They are just being nice.

• As a guy under 25, no.

By late 20's it will be an advantage and a disadvantage.

By 35 probably straight advantage.

• Im in my 40's, yet I look young =D

Asianetics and green tea for the win =D

• I know how you feel. I'm 24 and people think I'm like 17 or 18. However the good thing is. In our 30's and 40's we will still look relatively young. While all the guys who mature faster will probably be balding or losing there hair and look about 2 decades older. Well see whos laughing then.

• actually, if you look under 40, people will always ask you for your ID, that's the policy.

even if you were 39, that would be the case most of the time.

• if you want to get laid...its a bad thing.

• Well I would rather look like a teen than a scruffy drunken 20 something.

• yes I'm fine with it...i feel happy

• Yeah it is, don't let these girls lie to you.

• grow a bear, get a clean cut and dress like a man

• I could not shave for two weeks and look like what most people get after a few days. I don't grow much hair other than on my head.

• doesn't matter. we'll marry soon.

• It's good in the long run. Or so everyone tells me. I'm in the same predicament.

• People still think I am in my late 20's

• I'm 28 and look 17...