Its clear that women were looked at as inferior in the past, who do you think has it worse overall TODAY?

Men or women?

Men: give your best argument for why you think they have it worse.

Example: today women make more money than men and have more jobs. (Most sources at least claim women have 51% of income.)

Women: please do the same.

Example (the media portrays women still as sex objects.)

_although I think this is a bad example since most men would KILL themselves to be thought as a sex object, so please come up with a better one, or why you think its still valid.

"It's not completely true that all women make more money than men, that only applies to developed countries and a lot of times to a small %."

developed countries have the most population therefore more women make more than men.

Overall.

"huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/more-than-half-American-women-breadwinners_n_1668140.html"

Of the more than 1,400 women surveyed -- 40 percent of whom were single or divorced -- 53 percent were the breadwinners in their households. Nearly a quarter of married women surveyed said they earned more money than their husbands. (Hat tip: Wall Street Journal)
Time magazine=

The Time story follows on a run of coverage looking at the rise of women in the workplace. Earlier this year, BusinessWeek ran a cover story about the increase in stay-at-home fathers. Reporter Carol Hymowitz pointed out that some 23 percent of wives now out-earn their husbands. "Women 30 and under make more money, on average, than their male counterparts in all but three of the largest cities in the U.S.,"

Most Helpful Guy

• Men have higher unemployment rates, higher suicide rates, higher incarceration rates, lower high school graduation rates, lower college acceptance rates, lower college completion rates, they are more likely to be victims of violence, more likely to be addicted to controlled substances, more likely to die in car accidents, more likely to be portrayed as idiots in mass media, more likely to be diagnosed with a "learning disorder" and put on drugs to alter their behavior, and more likely to be told to just accept their fate and conform to tradition gender roles that forces them to sacrifice their safety, their wealth, their well-being, and even their life for the safety and comfort of women.

It is pretty obvious to anyone that isn't biased (a category that excludes most women, as they are brainwashed into thinking that the odds are stacked against them somehow) that men get the short end of the stick in many VERY important areas.

• Where did you get that info from?

• It's all readily available on the internet, and for anyone that cares about men's rights, it is pretty much common knowledge. It is worth saying that this is only applicable for the U.S. I can't say this is the case for all countries.

• this is what women will say

1. All that info is false. (its not)

2. Its just as bad as women being portraid as sluts/sex objects and men treating women like sh*t.

And then I say... what the f***.,

What Girls Said 3

• It's not completely true that all women make more money than men, that only applies to developed countries and a lot of times to a small %. I honestly think men have it worse at the moment in areas like graduation rates, entertaiment (tv, magazines) for men, that kind of thing but women are still fighting for equality. There are still many men, especially those in the bible belt(I've lived in 3 bible belt states, I'm nont stereotyping) who think women inferior to men just because of some simple things. My aunt is a professor at one of the top public universities in the nation (UNC chapel hill) and has her PhD and has worked there for 36 years yet almost every male prof in her departmet earns more than she does, even profs who have only been there a few years. She's even had to deal with sexist comments from the chair of her department's commitee.To give you some perspective, she won the governor's choice award for excellence in a life-time of teaching so she's the real deal. Women still need equality in pay, types of jobs, acceptance as an equal from men, etc. and it's even worse in developing countries. According to Newsweek, the top 25 places in the world to be women were all developing countries. Overall, women got it worse.

• this was a terrible example, you did half of your comment explaining how men have it worse and then the rest of the time saying htat women have it worse for the same reasons you just explained the men having it worse.

You need to clarify and argue your side better than this.

• I was just trying to answer you're question, this is a social site, not a test. The reason I seem unclear is because I'm not really sure who has it worse and I tried to show reasons for both sides of the argument. Sorry it wasn't up to par

• Here in Finland women earn significantly less than men do, although it's a pretty developed country.

• I still think it's women. We spend most of our days trying to convince others that we're worth more than just what we look like. And while we dream of getting married to you men and care about personality, most men talk about marriage with us as like a death sentence and just want to sleep around forever. We're still seen as inferior.

• " We spend most of our days trying to convince others that we're worth more than just what we look like. "

You mean like how men try and convince others that were more than just how much money we earn?

Thats a wash.

"And while we dream of getting married to you men and care about personality, most men talk about marriage with us as like a death sentence and just want to sleep around forever."

Most men care about personality. Its just not the top of our list.

• Personality isn't the top of womens list either. Its ambition. AKA the ability to make money.

Men talking about marriage as a death sentence only applies to a small minority of men.

(and a lot of the time its a joke because its what were supposed to say to "act manly")

Even if that last point is true I think the fact that the majority of women expect men to pay for dates and refuse to approach men and ask them out balances this out.

What Guys Said 2

• Today there's more equality, so we all share in the misery!

• So she agrees that women get paid more than men and the evidence to this FACT is INSURMOUNTABLE... then she says this?

"Women still need equality in pay, types of jobs, acceptance as an equal from men, etc. and it's even worse in developing countries. According to Newsweek, the top 25 places in the world to be women were all developing countries. Overall, women got it worse"

I must be stupid, but why are women asking for "equal pay" when they are ALREADY getting more than men?

THats truly evil if you ask me.

It says "yes we already make more than you guys but we want a LARGER piece of the pie so to hell with you guys, so suck it!"

And yet somehow I'm supposed to buy the fact that women have it worse?

Why?

Because her grandmother is successful and isn't looked at seriously because she's a woman?

I tell you what, give me the success and all that money and you can insult me ALL DAY.

Its like the argument that celebrities have it REAL TOUGH because of all their FANS bugging them all the time.

Yes that's really tough. I'm so sad for you.

:/