Skinny ties: What's your style?

So I have a few skinny ties and I absolutely love rocking mines in a fitted dress shirt + slim blazer. Guys: where and what style would you wear it in? Ladies: how would you like to see a guy match his outfit with a skinny tie?

Most Helpful Guy

• Skinny ties can look very good depending on what the rest of the suit is tailored like, If the lapels are narrow and the collar is not long, it looks good, basically, you don't want the knot on the tie to bulge out more then halfway down the collar. So when I use a skinny tie I try to mirror the style used in Reservoir Dogs. Its just very hard to find a suit and shirt combination that looks right with them. So you don't want a short narrow collar for a wide tie, and you don't want a wide collar for a skinny tie. A lot of other things can be considered, like the way you are built, and how big your neck is. (I worked at a suit and tux store throughout most of high school)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I only go moderately skinny, I don't like the very skinny ones, at least not on me. While I'm proportioned relatively tall and thin, a 6'3 thin guy is still not that thin in absolute terms, so I think they can get a little -too- thin on me.

They do require a fairly fitted jacket with appropriate lapels.

I aim more for I guess a traditional British (vs. American) tailored cut, not a full on mod cut. I like a slight break in the pants, etc. Like I said, I'm an overall pretty big guy so fitted looks good, tight/skinny ... I don't know I'm too big a guy to pull off that kind of hipster nerd look. Not sure if I'd want to, but I don't think it works on big guys.

• I'd wear it in a similar style

With black jeans and some loafers

Cause loafers go with everything

• skinny ties + tapered jacket awwwyeaaaa

• Imo skinny ties should only be worn if you're in high school or lower. They look...juvenile