How come people say I have big muscles and it looks small to me?

People telling me YOU HAVE BIG ARMS. but when I look at the mirror its looks small to me. This is making me crazy because it looks really small. my arms are only 17" its not like 22 or something

Most Helpful Girl

• If my friends read this they'd say my answer is my biased because I'm into muscled guys- that's the type of guys I go for in other words.

To me you look fine - just don't build more muscles - like another user said there's only so much that can be counted as muscle plus excess muscles is just - it can put people off.

link - this for example is too much! It'll put anyone off.

You on the other hand look fine just don't build more muscles.

As far as the fact you think you look small well again mirrors don't reflect back properly I was told when I went to the doctor and said my eyes look disproportionate - yeah I'm paranoid about them since their my best feature as well as the fact I love face - reading. But yeah my mum, cousin, friends they all say my eyes look fine and are pretty yet when I look into the mirror I have a different opinion because to me one looks classical almond shape while the other is smaller and tilted.

What Girls Said 7

• Mirrors aren't your actual reflection. When I was losing weight summer of high school, my mirror made me look bigger than what I was but my other one made me look smaller. By you're picture you're arms look HUGE. But does it even matter? You're body is amazingggggggg. xD

• derp SMH -_- , you sound like one of those anorexic girls (no offence) who think they are fat , but are 40 pounds below their weight .

u do have big arms , but there's no point in telling you , cause your not going to listen . just excersise untill your at that 22" goal , and hopefully ull be satisfied . if not, become a "muscular model," keep working out, (however you call it) or get some counselling (:

btw , - try sounding less cocky .

• you get used to your own body and eventually you size yourself based on your most recent performance, well that's how it is for me, if I've been working out a lot I feel ripped even if it just been for a few days and before working out I felt like a hippo...

• Well, I'm assuming that the photo you posted is not really you because it looks like somebody older than a 17 year old.

Is there a different photo? Don't let it bother you. You are probably perfectly fine.

• Yeah I have other photos. And yeah I look older than my age. its me. But thank you for the answer

• Some people have a sense that something is inadequate about themselves no matter how fine they are.

• Honestly you are pretty well built and bulked up, I wouldn't want a guy to be any more beefy than you. There is such a thing as too much bulk. It's the difference between nice breasts and those gigantic fake ridiculous boob jobs.

• You're always harder on yourself than other people are on you

• because you are not satisfied with your muscle size.

• I wouldn't worry about it. If people are telling you that you have big arms, just take the compliment. aha Obviously you have muscles so just rock it.. Whether your arms are big or small in your perspective .

What Guys Said 12

• Life is all about perspective. It's not that your arms are big, they just look that way cuzz you got a tiny head

• 1: body dysmorphia

2: big compared to guys at the gym (especially the guys who are there all day, hence 'seem' like average guys when in fact its just a few of them hanging out all day) is different from big in normal life

3: moderately big with low body fat will seem bigger then bigger with more body fat. If your arms are vascular and defined, they will look more muscular then bigger ones under a layer of fat.

• You're so gay

• Thank you. You mad though?

• Haha well that's good. I can tell you that I lift too and have always considered myself to be pretty big. You have way more muscle than I do. So don't worry about that.

Plus as far as muscle goes, from what I've discovered there is absolutely no correlation to muscle and what people think of you... Especially with girls. They notice personality and looks first. Muscles are a secondary thing. Like extra icing on the cake

• Its all about focusing and keeping the motivation. And the right routine to get nice/big muscles. And it takes a long time to gain guns. it took me 3 and a half years. But what you said is true, girls do look at personalty because if your sexy/have muscles and your personalty is sh*t then they won't like you. And you want people to like you for you, NOT for how you look. Gotta give you credit for that one

• I'm not really sure what is considered a normal amount of muscles to be honest. Are you saying you want them bigger ? Or do you feel bad they are said to be big? If you always want your body bigger and bigger muscles and everyone else thinks you're quite big but you think you're small then you would have a body dismorphic disorder borgomorphia I think its called. Of course its normall for someone to have a different idea of big than you since you know what you are used to and maybe youve seen bigger or something. Its just a matter of you figuring out what's right. Don't worry about what people say about your arms.

• alright I have the same problem,

1. people see themselves as being smaller then they really are. same reasoning behind most men thinking their d*** is small. and with working out you tend to have goals to get stronger/bigger so you always see yourself as being small cause your not as big as you want to be

2. these people saying this probably don't lift and don't understand.

As long as your muscles are in proportion compared to the rest of your body, act like its a compliment and ignore their ignorance.

• Congrats, successfully bragged!

• It's because those people haven't been exposed to as many reference experiences as you have regarding muscular figures..

• Do you even lift?

• Lol duhh all the time.. I been lifting since I was 14

• Because you are toned.

• Little man syndrome.

• because they are big

• Okay you're a tool. "My arms are only 17"