Embarrassed to be seen with someone?

Has there ever been someone who tried to date you/was interested but you were embarrassed to be seen with them? If they were a little better looking you could deal but you found their appearance embarrassing? What did they look like and how did the situation end?

Most Helpful Guy

• this happens to me all the time, fat women love me! I'm a tall muscular guy in great shape and kudos to these girls that are secure enough to make the first moves but they really have to understand it's a long shot for them.

anyways, you can't really do much but avoid saying anything that can be considered showing any interest in them what-so-ever. even if I really liked talking and hanging out with them, when they start showing interest sexually, the relationship just gets ruined.

if need be, give them the "i don't think about you in the same way" line. thankfully I never had to take it farther than that. you might hurt their feelings but its unavoidable.

What Guys Said 6

• There was one girl I was dating who was like that. She was good looking enough, if short of beautiful. That being said, the reason why I didn't invite her around friends was that she was really anti-social and really freaked out around people. Eventually I had to break up with her, as she didn't ever want to go out and meet people in groups. She was a real loner that refused to face her social fears. It was sad.

• honestly I've never done that before; as social as I am, I need to feel that the girl I'm with is comfortable in social situations :)

• I bet the girl who I was interested in a couple years back felt that way about me.

• Lol. I'm done...no, never. I wouldn't date someone I wasn't attracted to.

• I have no shame so I don't get embarassed.

• I wouldn't say embarrassed per say. I was talking to someone who was a couple years older than me once and she knew just about everyone. Kind of embarrassing always being introduced around like a show pony.

What Girls Said 1

• No, not at all.

This is so mean and harsh way of thinking.

If I'm not interested in someone, it is not because of their appearance or because I feel embarrssed standing next to them.

it is because I don't find the chemistry with them, I don't like them enough to date them not because of how they look like, I just don't think that I find them my type of person or I don't find them interesting to the point of dating them.

Appearance does matter but I don't like to be very judgemental, I try my best to never be that much judgmental ,not to that extent at least.

• Personality is what matters! Here is a little story: I have been dating a lot of "Barbie dolls" & their personality sucked. But I have met this girl that at first I felt embarrassed to be with, but went out anyway. THIS SWEETHEART JUST ROCKED MY WORLD. I don't give even 1/3 of a sh*t what and who thinks & I don't even feel any embarrassment at all any more.