Looking into each others eyes and other people fade away

I'm trying to figure out the science behind it, but I can't seem to find anything on Google.

Does anyone know of any good articles, in plain English, about this phenomenon - I'm especially interested in the part where one get's the feeling that you and the girl you have eye contact with seem to be the only two people on the planet (and love doesn't factor into it!)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had this happen to me before! Once when I was talking to my ex about something really big and important , I looked into his eyes and they were all I saw. Like everything else zoned out and was blurry. It was the craziest thing. I've never had it happen to me again!

• Was it mutual? Sadly oculesics doesn't seem to cover this. The feeling I get is like the universe is telling me that this is the chick I'm supposed to be with (and she has a boyfriend! Found that out the day after I initially spoke to her, which was the former time when everything else faded away. It has happened twice). What are your feelings about this phenomenon?

• I'm not sure it if it was mutual.. and he is definitely not my soultmate or the guy I'm supposed to be with.. It happend about a year ago. So I don't really think about it much. It was just a really crazy thing to experience aha.

• Sadly I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get any more answers here on GAG, so I've upped the question to just an url for a page where I can ask this question and get a scientific answer in plain English.

And seriously, hasn't any one else experienced this?!?!?!?!?!?! Is this serious this uncommon?

What Girls Said 2

• wait huh? it's not a literal statement.. it just means you are so comfortable with each other that your worries go away and you are only focused on the one person and your experience together...:)

• I think it because you are trying so hard to focus on your crush words and trying your best to keep eye contact or to soak in there looks, makein sure you don't miss a step... And let's not for get you heart is pounding that it feels like no one else is around.. But it's just you focussing on her. She truly have your undivided attention.. :-).. Good luck to you.

• You make it sound as though I'm in love with her - I'm not, but she is extremely attractive (and the only girls I've dated have been brunettes, and she's a blond) ...but darn, you made me think about whether I have a crush on her or not; well, when I first spoke to her I don't think that was the case at all-only that I thought her to be a very beautiful blond, but now I'm not sure-and I've hardly spoken to her

But there's got to be a simple scientific explanation behind this very eerie feeling

• Well I don't know the scientific reasoning for this to happen,but with matters the heart , I doubt if they would too. Unless your experiencing some rear neurological issue, when you see just this girl, or any attractive girl for that matter. All I'm saying is when you like/crush/love/lust someone your heart desires or anything your heart want at times nothing seems to matter around you except the object of your affection do the time being. Or maybe your in denial about your feelings 4 her

What Guys Said 0