Can somebody explain what is supposed to be 'gangsta' about dressing like a toddler?

Shorts, a hoodie or a basketball shirt and a cap on a grown man. I see it so much and I think it looks ridiculous. But for some reason it's supposed to be really 'tough' looking? I don't get it, does anyone like this look at all?!

• I think that look is great!
  • It's awful.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's called dressing casual.

I don't see what's so bad about that.

Every one should dress comfortable (or suitable for the occasion).

When the time comes to dress up,

I'm sure these men do.

So I don't see what the big deal is.

• stacyzee knows her sh*t...I was just about to go on a rant calling the qa an idiot but you covered it all

• Funny someone named dirty diaper was going to rant about dressing like a toddler...

What Girls Said 7

• I don't see the resemblance to toddlers. But it's true that it doesn't always look good. That said, most styles can look bad when not done right. I think this one can be pulled off, it just depends. I couldn't vote- for future reference, it's good to have neutral or "other" options when you make a poll.

• i do not see where you got toddlers from...and those clothing you are describing are very comfortable, maybe they go to the gym or play basketball. I think people should dress depending on the occasion. if your going to the store then going back home how is shorts not okay? if your going to out to eat at restaurant, then I can see where a person should dress up.

• I never wear shorts, I'm a full grown man, not a kid. There's casual and there is dressing like a slob. Anyway, I see people going out like that too, so for at least a portion of them it is apperantly 'dressing up' to them.

• well...as long as your not the slob, who cares. just be happy you know how to dress, good luck

• Not to mention Dora the Explorer back packs on high school guys. It's so stupid.

• I am just as puzzled as you are. I like it when guys put thought into their clothing, rather than half-putting on something off their bedroom floor. Vests though. Vests are tight :)

• these people have the brains of a toddler...that's all they have to do with one another.

• I don't get it either but I don't neccisarily think of it as dressing like a toddler.

• I thought you were going to mention the guys who wear spiderman and superman tee shirts. I don't think the look you mentioned is that bad for 20 years olds..

What Guys Said 5

• It's simply comfortable urban wear...as long as he (or she) isn't going somewhere to conduct business dressed like that, it's OK imho.

I don't think the looks of shorts, a hoodie/b-ball shirt and a cap is meant to look "tough".

Why so much hate for people who dress down?

• I dress completely different. Country cowboy look. The gansta look is stupid. And if they go into prison looking like that, they ll be the first target by their fellow inmates.

• i don't really get why but do notice a lot of teens dressing like that these days

• Its a cultural Fad for a number of people. I hate it when people think there tough just because of how they dress and walk around in public like they own the place.

• most teens and people that dress like that, or like it when people present themselves like that simply aren't too bright.