Why can't I ever put on my eyeliner? :(

So basically every time I go to apply eyeliner to my top lid my eye twitches everywhere and I can't even apply it without getting it all over the place, I've tried taking the corner of my eye and pulling it outward so my eye is smoothed down and it can't move anywhere but that makes the line way to thick no matter how hard I try to make it thin so that doesn't work. Everyone has told me "that's how it was for me at first but now I can do" but what no one understands is I've been practicing for MONTHS and MONTHS and I still suck .. I feel hopeless. Maybe I'm just not meant for eyeliner lol

Also I've tried VERY SINGLE type of eyeliner out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• try holding down in the middle of your eyelid from the lashes- might give a little better leverage for holding it still. it is something that just takes a lot of practice, though. do you think you twitch because of nerves or not liking putting stuff near your eye? because that's generally fixable, but actually not being able to hold still might be a bit tougher. you might also consider going to a department store makeup counter and having them advise you on how to apply it-- that can be kind of helpful, although typically you're then expected to buy one of their products.

What Guys Said 3

• It's just a thing that happens. It's the same reason why I can't wear contact lenses.

• maybe get your gay best friend to do. my gay best friend puts mine all the time.

• Eyeliner isn't that great..mascara & eyebrow pencil are better..(:(:(:

What Girls Said 2

• You might be able to just smudge your mascara on there a little when applying it if you wear mascara, then wipe away the extra. That's about the best I've got. =(

• Get yourself some liquid eyeliner and slowly dot it on until you've filled all the gaps you can do it with your eyes open so hopefully minimal twitching and you can start and stop if needed.