Ugly to OK looking girl puts on a smidgen of makeup and looks really pretty?

I honestly think I am ugly but possibly a 5. all I need to do is put on a tiny bit of eye makeup and people girls and guys genuinely call me beautiful, gorgeous and hot to my face or to their friends who later tell me. I have very proportionate features but none are particularly stunning. My confidence is lifted for like 2 minutes and then I think about how I never get any compliments when I don't wear makeup. Do you think a. They're lying or b. its impossible for an ugly to decent looking girl to put on a tad bit of makeup and look "hot-beautiful-gorgeous"?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your perception is off. You're not ugly or even average. If all it really takes is a little eye makeup to bump you up to really pretty, then that means you're cute without it. You just don't get compliments w/o makeup because you have no confidence and that repells most people. An ugly girl with a smidgen of eye makeup would not be hot with a little makeup. An average girl with a little eye makeup might be bumped up to cute, but wouldn't be stunning or gorgeous. Face it, you're a doll, nobody is lying when they compliment you. You'd probably get complimented more but you're only really confident when you wear the makeup.

What Guys Said 1

• 0|0
    • what are you trying to say?

• I totally agree with the girl you BAed. Humans tend to like being able to see their world in an organized neat way that is defined. It is just an evolutionary survival characteristic and has a lot to o with our success in our species. Makeup is not it is a manmade modification. Attractive people tend to have those defined features in specific arrangements. They look healthier and tend to age better than non proportionate people.

What Girls Said 2

• Makeup is available not to create a new face, but to enhance your features. If you feel more confident wearing a little eyeliner or lipgloss them by all means slap some on! Regardless of who gives you compliments while you're wearing makeup or not, you have to first feel confident in yourself. There is nothing more attractive than a woman who holds her head high.

• Why not? I know make up can make a lot of differences, but it could be they call you beautiful because you feel it, so you'll have this confident glow or something about you.

I wear make up too, because I know people think I'm sick when I don't wear a bit of foundation, also, I don't have very good skin so when I wear some foundation, it looks smoother and more "healthy". Some mascara too, because I have a good one that makes my eyelashes look great.