Contrasting gazes! Guilty as charged?

Guys, are you ever guilty of this? To be specific, you would stare/keep on looking at a girl/guy (maybe intently) you like from afar/ there's a significant amount of distance between you two. Nonetheless, when you're within close proximity of her, you just CANNOT seem to look into her eyes/at her. You might even be focusing so hard on something else that's near her til the point that it's just weird. Ring any bells? ha ha body lingo's s such a quirky thing.. Do you do it because you like that person/ out of intimidation/ nervousness?

Most Helpful Girl

• That happens to guys all the time. Not sure why, but some turn into shy little school boys when they're finally in front of their target; others just plaster a grin and stand stoically till the girl is thoroughly confused about his intentions. Most of the time it's just nerves. To know his true mind, try to see if he steals sidelong glances at you or stares when he thinks you can't see him.

• Haha so if you do catch them turning their body to look/stare at you walk away from their peripheral vision. that's a good indicator yeah?

• Yup. They think that because your face isn't turned towards them you can't see them. I let my guy think that. Need to give the poor fellow a little break every now and then, lol.

What Guys Said 8

• This used to happen with me when I was in my early teens and was a very bashful young guy at that :) Didn't ever happen after I was 15/16 years of age.

I guess that situation was fuelled by low self esteem, no or less confidence in myself, fear of rejection etc.

However, I changed when I was in my mid teens and such a thing has never happened thereafter.

Ofcourse when I'd stare it would more likely be yearning and unwittingly without meaning to be rude or make that girl uncomfortable in any manner.

• UP close, of course it's natural to be a little nervous. For one thing, it's not very polite to stare when you're right next to someone, and she's likely to tell us that to our face, which is embarrassing,affter all.

That's not an issue from far away, where we can pretty much check her out all we want. While she might notice that, she's not likely to come over to us to object to it!

• Used to do that when I was single and saw a girl I liked.. Was just very shy and thought that I might not be good enough for her or since I have a slight speech impediment that some people pick up and immediatly think that I'm either drunk off my ass or foreign

• You just described me. I feel if I keep eye contact or smile I will be considered a creep. But I am also very shy.

• Thanks for your input. By the way, I've something I would like to consult you on for the guy in my case is similar as to how you've described yourself! I've added you :)

• not really, when a girl gets closer to me I look to see if we share eye contact. usually sometimes we don't (the girl just avoids my eyes) and if we do I usually grin at her then see how long it takes for us to break eye contact. I don't care if she finds me creepy or whatever.

• Yea this makes sense. I do this sometimes and will get more nervous when closer, saying something like "hi" or talking is where I have the most problems.

• We don't do it - it happens by itself and it is difficult to hide.

• Haha but it only happens around the girl you are attracted to, yes? Though it might be a subconscious thing...

• Yes, happens around the girl we are attracted to. Or else life would be much more difficult - Imagine happening that with every single girl :O ; I'll go crazy in few mins.

• Yes, to some extent I've done this before.

I don't really stare at girls I like though, since for some reason it feels like as soon as I keep my eyes on someone for more than a second, they'll turn around and notice me looking, even if they can't see me. It's strange.

What Girls Said 0