How can I stop being so self-conscious about my hair?

I feel like it adds or subtracts a lot from my appearance depending on whether it's behaving. I'm very aware that my face is thin, so I like styles with lots of volume or curls that don't drag it down. But with the slightest bit of moisture in the air, my hair falls limp and I feel rubbish for the rest of the day. I wish I had wash-and-go hair, but it just frizzes up and looks dull and awful. And I'm getting tired of it being so high-maintenance. Has anyone successfully gone fron high-maintenance to low-maintenance styles?

Most Helpful Girl

• my hair is sh*tty too... I have curls and if I brush them the frizz up but if I don't brush them they turn into a bird's nest... I have tried (unsuccessfully) dreadlocks twice... I just cut them out today actually. a good cut can do wonders, find a good stylist that has similar hair to you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• tease and spray

• Comb it, put some anti frizz on it, and put up in a bun.

• shave it off :P, but seriously don't fuss