Should I dress better?

I look quite nice when I bother to dress decently but I have got in the habit of dressing down. I wear whatever I find comfortable and don't really care if it doesn't match or even suit me. I tell myself I can look great, I have a reasonably slim figure but I just don't do it.

Should I bother?

Does it really matter to guys what I look like with my clothes on?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't really have to bother.. but maybe just buy basic, good quality clothes that can be easily combined.. ?

That way you'll look low-maintenance but still classy. And it's simple, which counts the most to you.

What Guys Said 7

• Most of us only see you with your clothes on..sure it matters to guys. But you dress first of all for yourself, so if you don't feel like doing to the effort to be stylish, don't worry.

The dressed-down look is also attracctive to guys who already llike you and know you.

Dressing up is for trying to impress strangers, and if you dont' fell the need to do that, just be yourself.

• It does to some extent matter what you look like with your clothes on because we're likely to suspect that how you dress is an indication of how you want us to regard you. If you dress sloppily, you're less likely to be noticed, for sure, but we may take as a sign that you don't care about, not only your appearance, but your fitness, your education, your profession, your interests, etc. Would you be just as lackadaisical about a boyfriend? You definitely don't have to dress to the nines all the time, but some indication that you're aware, collected, on top of it--that's attractive.

• If you're slim, you just need to wear clothes that fit and you'll look reasonably good. Slim jeans, yoga pants, whatever. You don't need to look co-ordinated all the time.

• Yes, how you dress matters. How can we see your "reasonably slim figure" if you dress bummy? :-P

• There is only one answer to this question: yes. If you can dress better, you should dress better.

• I wouldn't bother to be honest, people get hit on all the time in work uniforms(flattering considering most workplace uniforms are overly baggy).

• Well you know what they say...you never know who you're going to meet

What Girls Said 1

• Dress nicely.you'll feel better and more confident. Don't waste your cute bod in boring clothes.every girl should dress nice...guys too

Btw you get better quality guys when you make an effort.it tends to repel the bums and insecure guy