Can make up turn a average looking girl in to a pretty looking girl?

i've seen lot of girls who are just average looking and suddenly turned in to pretty looking and only to realize they are wearing make up,so is it true that make up can turn a average looking girl in to a pretty looking one?

just to let you know, I am not the one who gave you downvotes

Most Helpful Girl

• it's not an "unfair advantage" ... because women are judged much more harshly on their looks and are held to higher, more exacting standards.

what is unfair is that my friend who is smart, funny and a pediatric nurse working in the top of her field is constantly overlooked by men because she's not societies definition of beauty.

as women we're all taught to just accept that "men are visual, that's just the way it is"

and yet not all of us are born with perfect blemish free skin and big almond eyes why wouldn't we seek to improve that if possible if that's the primary thing you value in us?

this is like complaining "i only talk to girls who are hot, but some of them trick me with make up " am I supposed to feel sorry for you in this situation? if you weren't so shallow this wouldn't be a big deal...which FYI guys will never have to worry about make up...because while girls can be very shallow in other ways, we don't care as much about your appearance as you do about ours...because we know other things are more important.

What Girls Said 37

• NO.

The girl was pretty in the first place. Makeup only enchances what you already have. Lets not be fooled by dark circles..skin discoloration and acne. Lets not be fooled by contour and concealer either. Beauty is not only skin deep. Look at the bone structure, eye shape..angles of the face and etc you will know that makeup or natures deformities don't change sh*t..unless we do some plastic surgery. We were not born with acne scaring, hyperpigmentation and dark circles...makeup helps to prove that. In a way I feel makeup worn appropriately shows the real you.

• Yes it most certainly can depending on the amount of make-up she's putting on. Girls who do a full face as in foundation, eyes, lips, cheeks and all that will look different to how they would usually look. I mean it's to be expected. Girls who keep it light though and leave the foundation out can still look the same more or less. I think foundation is the number one make-up that's responsible for causing a girl to look different cause it creates a flawless canvas which is unrealistic as girls usually do have skin problems be it spots, dark spots, rosacea, uneven skin tone etc underneath. So it all comes down to what make-up has been used and how much has been applied to the face.

• Idk...I look relatively the same with or without makeup. I find better general grooming helps.

Trust me, bad grooming can have reverse effects and make what could be a pretty girl...an average one.

Noses don't change. Eyes don't change. Lips don't change. Cheekbones don't change, structure doesn't change. Ears don't change.

If makeup drastically changes them, it's MORE likely a pretty girl suffering from her own bad grooming because she has to have pleasant features to begin with for makeup o positively affect them.

• The hell is wrong with average? Do you have to feel like you have to be better than other people to feel like you're deserving of a relationship?

• there is no such thing as an average looking girl or more beautiful looking girl - there is just a girl... plus what is beauty? Forget the fact that there is some sort of symmetry going on or big eyes or full lips - we really do not know what beauty looks like, we only assume that this person is beautiful because it has been passed down from generation to generation into our mothers wombs that this is true beauty but no we do not know what is true beauty anyway my answer will be no make up enhances a womans true features like contouring - other than that if I wear makeup its because I love makeup not to hide my blemishes which can not be hidden either way...

• I suggest you go on Youtube, search "get ready with me" or makeup tutorial...

That will giev you a pretty good idea of how much of a chnage it can make.

Most of us don't use this much makeup though

• Yes it can if it's applied correctly

• Yes, absolutely. People are crazy if they think make-up doesn't make a difference. That being said, there's make-up and then there's Bozo's the clown's facepaint. I think some girls put waaaaaaay to much on, which ruins the effects.

• Yes , makeup can also make men look like stunning divas too

• Yeah, I don't really find stunning divas all that attractive, though, and a lot of other men don't either. There are a lot of guys that like plain girls just fine.

• I know but a lot of supermodels dot look good without make up just google a gallery of VS models without makeup

• Yes, in many instances.

I'm definitely average without makeup but I'm also average with makeup, so the Gods of Genetics didn't favor me

But it won't turn an ugly girl average or pretty, unfortunately. Ugly girls and guys are doomed, unless the guy has money

• maybe you are not putting it in right way

• yes make up can change a person appearance drastically if one do it right way and a push up bra can too and I hate it when girls abuse using these stuff

• Actually, not always

And I am doing it the right way :)

• Definitely. Despite how people say, "you look better without makeup," everyone looks better with the right touch up.

• that's the point of it to make us look younger and more attractive lol, although some of us are blessed and only need a decent hairstyle and we're good to go lolz.

• too look younger one can do physical exercise and take a good care of skin and eating right,but they chose covering their face with paint lol

• no I agree with you, me personally I don't use it unless it's a night out.

• Yes make up enhances features,so okay features can be made pretty.Making a okay girl look pretty.

• so don't you think it gives her unfair advantage in dating ? I mean she wouldn't consider a guy of her league and would fancy a good looking guy

• i wouldn't date a girl who wears a make up,i wanna see real of her

• nobdy is actualyy ugly .. some just have bonus features, and make-up is an art that enhances your looks making that part more prominent and making you even more prettier ^_^

• unless the person is celebrity I don't see what's the point in wearing make up and girls don't tend to agree but it gives them unfair advantage over guys o_0

• Yes, yes it can.

• yes make up can help the face look better depending on how they put it on

• Yes definitely, make up can change the way your whole fave looks and it's amazing.

• Yes makeup turns us into goddesses

• You said you've seen it happen for yourself, yes it's true(:

• Yes makeup can really enhance a girls appearance and highlight her best features.

• Makeup is powerful, so, yes, I'd say it's very possible. If you want to see what makeup can do visit dope2111 on youtube.

• Yessss hahaha makeup changes alot. Although makeup should only hide defects and enhance your features. Some girls just change their whole appearance with it!

• Yea if you accent your features right

• Yes. Makeup i like unicorns. Its fking magic

• Yes but makeup can't change a personality

• I think it depends on who is applying the make up. It really can, because I've seen people who look different with it. I have no idea how to do a lot of makeup so when I put it on, I still look the same. Either I am a very ugly woman and no amount of make up can help, or I just don't do it properly. I'd like to go to a make up artist to see if it works on me or not. If it does, then I want tips to do it. I don't care if it seems fake, I'd rather seem fake than hideously ugly. I've seen makeup do wonders, so I can only hope it will for me.

• Honestly it depends on the girl

• Noooo not always sometimes makeup can make a girl look even worse. Make up is just a type of Photoshop

• Yes, definately. If you find the right make up and put it on a way that flatters you, you can be transformed.

• Yep, I feel like it takes me from a 5 to a 10.

• Heck yes. At my prom my friends look like different people

• Yeah, seriously. I still remember my gf showing up and she just looked like someone entirely different... like wth are you?

• Lol this question must be old because prom was last year

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 16

• From a distance, as in a phtotograph, makeup can do almost anything! It can make any girl look gorgeous from a certain distance away.

But close-up, it won't deceive anyone. You can easily tell what's real and what's artificial. It's sad when girls rely on make-up for their self-esteem, because it won't work!

• Yes, that's why make-up exists... It's made to enhance the "average" look into a "glamorous" look. Although some women have a natural beauty and really don't need it, but I think it depends on the area of the face they want to enhance. For example the eyes... They might not have thick eye lashes so they have eyeliner & eyelash makeup they call Mascara to bring out the shape of the eye and give that long thick eyelashes look. Other woman have pale skin tone on their face or imperfections, and they want to bring a little color to their cheeks.. or hide that blemish, so they use something called foundation or more used word "blush"... I know a lot about this, I worked in retail for 11 years and the owner of the store thought a "guy" telling a woman she looked beautiful wearing one of these products would entice her to buy... She would place the women sale associates in the men's clothing dept. for the same reason... A guy would hear a great looking girl tell him he looks yummy in a certain suit or pair of jeans, that guy is buying!

• Yup. Check out jenna marbles YouTube channel

• I think it depends on skill and how steady their hands are...i just can't imagine how bad would it sting the eyes if they were shaking while applying eye liner and mascara lol

• yup if a girl looks too done up. I hold reservation on the hot scale rating. its all about bone structure. makeup and hair product goes a long way. women make themselves bright and shinny because men like thinks bright and shinny

• yup. can turn ugly ones into hot ones, luring us into a false sense of attraction. Then we find out we've been lied to.

• it is true, if done right

• HELL YESS LOL SOME THESE GIRLS BEE LOOKING LIKE TROLL N SHIET

cdn2-b.examiner.com/.../...b968e8e3fde2ca88749.JPG

• Yes, it's done with 90% of people in hollywood. lol

• What's the point of this question? If I say yes, you down vote.

• make up, padded bra, i guess you haven't heard about them, girls have been using them for decades to fool guys

• Jenna Marbles

• Just so you know, 100% of women are 'average looking' without makeup. She's going out of her way to make herself look better for you, or whoever else she is seeing that night. The thing that makes her attractive is the fact that she is going out of her way for you. It has nothing to do with 'natural beauty'.

• This is also why I don't date girls that are out of shape, and it is why I workout.

If you're not willing to put the effort into your life, then I don't want to put effort into yours either.

• I think so. I work for a wedding photographer so I see it all the time.

• yeah definitely

• I think it can help the ones who already have a little something to work with. For the ones that are below average, it won't help much at all.

• Basically

Ugly is ugly

• Ugly is ugly

Average can get a boost

Pretty doesn't really need it

Basically, average girls are most helped by makeup IMO.