Boyfriend insecurities about half naked girls?

Hey so...me and my boyfriend have been together for over 2 years ...and I've kinda always wanted him to look away when there are naked or half naked girls or girls wearing really obvious low tops on TV and in general... He keeps on telling me that I'm being unreasonable, and that I'm abnormal? But I...don't feel irrational? I feel like its normal to ask him to look away, especially because I've have this disgusting skin condition all my life and its made me more and more insecure everyday...and because he's openly said he likes big boobs more when I clearly have the smallest **** ever -.-. I know other girls who genuinely have a problem with her boyfriends not looking away from half naked girls or whatever ...but they don't even have skin problems? and they're like size frikin D/E's. I feel like I'm not actually being that irrational or 'weird', I feel like him looking away is just respectful and normal... am I right or wrong?

and try not to unnecessarily insult me, already hear enough from my boyfriend thanks (y)

Most Helpful Guy

• You're insecure about certain physical traits and that is OK. But insecurities can ruin relationships and this is something that you should grow to be OK with.

He loves you. He is with you. Girls outnumber guys 6:4 so what do plan on having him close his eyes for the majority of the rest of your life? Try to overcome this insecurity...

that said it disturbs me that you would say "try not to unnecessarily insult me, already hear enough from my boyfriend"...

You should not accept insults as a part of a relationship. And you need to let him know his insults hurt and only fuel the insecurities you already have about yourself

good luck!

What Guys Said 6

• its not his insecurities its yours. if you were the slightest bit secure with your relationship and with yourself youd be OK.

in person is one thing, but on TV, that's really unrealistic. he's supposed to close his eyes and turn away every time someone in a bikini is on tv?

even in person is ridiculous. obviously he shouldn't stare and gawk at them but if a girl happens to be walking by he shouldn't have to alter his behavior because you can't accept the fact that he actually likes you and wants to be in a relationship with you

he's looked past what you think your faults are. in fact, he probably loves you for your faults as much as your perfections. you shouldn't treat him like that.

me and my girlfriend have a good relationship. she's secure with our relationship. sometimes we'll both look at the site thechive. it has funny pictures and also hot girl pictures. we look at both and its fun. she knows I'm not cheating or anything and she's OK with it.

• He's a living, breathing human male specimen! Were you brought up in a well shaft?

• Looking at half naked girls on TV is alright. It's not something you should be working up with.

If you want him to stop, be genuine. Tell him the reason.

He's with you because he accepts all your insecurities, and he's willing to choose you amongst all the hot, big-boobed women passing. You should be grateful that someone truly cares, and respects you. = )

• You must understand that your boyfriend likes you for who you are - skin condition and all. Out of all the women in the world he's picked you!

• I think it's understandable for you to expect that from him. It's not always practical 100% of the time, but on television it is definitely and you can always look in a girl's eyes rather than at the rest of her. Just because someone isn't weaving shoes, doesn't mean that you have to stare at nothing but their feet. It is possible to look away and that should be something he does not only fo you but for himself as well.

• I disagree with the way he's handling it, but I do want to make a point... When I see half-naked girls on TV, I don't think animalistically, "oh god I want to f*** that." I don't think anything really, whether it's sexual, wanting, etc. Purposely looking away, on the other hand, would mean it does affect me and I have a reason to guiltily look away...

I guess my point is, to me, feeling neutral about female nudity and not doing anything differently when it appears is better than acting like some horndog about it.

What Girls Said 2

• So okay. You can't just magically change how you feel. If he's insulting you and calling you crazy/irrational, that's a cop-out from the more helpful option, which would be to have a loving discussion with you about it. Obviously there's a much deeper reason than petty jealousy, and when you say you're getting more and more insecure every day, something is NOT right.

Whenever I had fleeting insecurities, I was the one calling myself irrational and my boyfriend was the one saying, "But wait, can we talk about this to try to prevent you from feeling like this in the future?" We would talk about it for a long ass time. Like actual partners. And it worked. So instead of you approaching this as telling him what to do, and him approaching this as "you're nuts," try getting deeper so you two can both be more understanding without turning it into an argument. Talk to each other like best friends, not two people trying to control each other because they're in a relationship :P

• I think you are being a tad bit irrational. I understand where your insecurity stems from and I'm sure he does as well, but you have to understand that he chose to be with you. Looks are not everything and if you are a good girlfriend (big boobs or not), the other girls on TV or in p*rn do not matter. I also have a skin condition... disgusting really, but my boyfriend doesn't care about it. I know he would like me to be a bit slimmer, but once again, he chose to be with me and the person that you are most often than not plays a bigger role than looks in a relationship. Both of us understand that and the fact that we treat each other well creates a strong bond and a healthy relationship. You need to stop thinking as the girls on TV as competition, they are just things to look at and nothing more. Being with you for 2 years means he finds you attractive and likes you for who you are as a whole.

Hope I helped :)