To fake tan or not to fake tan?

I'm going to this big party on NYE. I'm quite pale and I do look better and more confident with a tan. I know which one to use so I don't look fake or orange, I get compliments on my tan when I wear it.

But it's quite some work and oh...I'm a bit lazy, haha. If I don't wear a fake tan, I wear nylons, but then my shoes don't fit as well.

So, fake tan or no fake tan?

I fake tanned, I learned my lesson! Didn't look good, so now I'll prefer to be pale and wear nylons

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a fan of anything fake but if you get a fake tan make sure it's subtle. A girl I know got one once and I was surprised how good she looked. It looked real

• It looks quite real on me as well, I know when to stop and avoid the Oompa Loompa look, lol

• A friend of mine does that as well, you either don't see it or she looks orange... So there's not much of a difference, just that mine is cheaper :p

• hmm I wonder where my friend went cause it looked so good on her. oh well. Just be natural. It doesn't matter really :)

What Guys Said 7

• Not if it lloks fake. If your on the paler side I'd say get the tan early so you have a base and you look more vibrant than tanned. I think that looks much more appealing that how over tanned or fake tanned someone can look.

• Yeah, my plan isn't to look darkbrown, just like I've been on holiday for a week or two. Nice tan, not fake looking ^^

• if I marry a white chick, the babies that will be born will be half Indian and half white and they won't need a tan, ever.

• A little tan doesn't hurt anyone. But yea go to a tanning bed. A lot of cute pale girls become even cuter/hotter with that tan skin.

• If I go to a tanning bed, I'll just look red and sore...Not very good for that confidenceboost

• I'm against any fake baking, but it's your life so do what you want. I just wish you had more confidence just being you because I'm sure you look fine pale as well.

• I do look fine when I'm pale, I just feel that bit more confident with a bit of a tan ^^

• if you look good pale why are you MORE confident with tan? youve kinda gone against yourself there lol Seriously be a bit different and be pale, I for one prefer a lighter girl at times

• I'm not talking against myself. I look good pale, I look better and more confident with a tan, what's against what here?

• Just be your self, there is enough fake people in this world. At the end of the day, what ever makes you happy.

• Nothing fake.

• I think fake tan is OK, but everything in moderation...

What Girls Said 8

• If I may ask, what kind of fake tan do you use? I'm super pale too and have been looking forever for one that doesn't streak, make you look orange, etc.

And to answer your question... I think it's totally fine. You seem to be going for more of a vibrant look and lightly sun-kissed appearance rather than "full on tan" so that's really the only thing that one has to worry about and it sounds like you've got the right idea in your head :). Keep in mind though that with the right outfit and makeup, pale can look *stunning*.

Either way, I'm sure you'll look great!

• Yeah, my goal is a little sunkissed, not brown like I spent a month in Africa and not orange ^^ I use those three, my favorite one is link this one, which I forgot to mention in the comment before ^^

• Go for it! =)

• If you want, but I think being tan is very overrated. There are some gorgeous pale people in this world.

Examples: link

link

link

• Its normal to look paler in the winter so don't fake tan

• Well, go for a tan. Look your best.

• It's okay, just don't over do it and arrive orange

• go to a tanning bed a couple times before then unless your spray tan is really that good...

• I have to go at least weeks before an event to a salon and even then you still don't see it, I don't tan easily. My fake tan is one that I rub on but I don't have streaks or spots of it whatsoever.

• go for it then. I'm for looking good...unlike the boys here :P

• Do it. You'll look healthier and skinnier