Why are my hips getting wider?

I got my period when I was 9 years old and I'm 19 now. I feel like my hips are spreading more and more

If it matters, my measurements are 37-24.75-37 (bust--waist--hips)

I've been doing this core workout dvd that came with a medicine ball I bought from wal-mart and I started going for 5 miles(run 1/walk one etc) recently so I think my midsection has slimmed down...

but I feel like my hips are getting wider and wider.

my legs are like hers except my calfs(right word) are bigger

link

Is it my workout routine?

I'm only 114 lbs so I feel like it looks bad because I probably look boney or skinny and toned...

Most Helpful Guy

• Your adult (child bearing) pelvic geometry is kicking in. If you're healthy and fit, rock them curves girl. It's an evolutionary advantage. You'll be less likely to need a C-section if/when you have kids than someone with a narrower pelvic girdle. This may become very important if the zombie apocalypse comes and modern medical facilities aren't easily available. :-)

What Guys Said 5

• The conclusion of puberty isn't well defined. It could be that your hips aren't done widening. You could try going to an endocrinologist or OB/GYN if you're that concerned.

• Sounds like you're beginning to look like a real women, not some skinny little girl! I mean that in the best way possible too. And it's def not your workout routine...

• Gotta make way for them babies.

• LOL

No baby is coming outta there. I don't care how wide my hips get, I'm convinced my vag is wayyy too small and precious for that nonsense

• I'm just explaining the biological rationale for your hips getting wider :P

• It comes with age, possible pelvic growth?

• Because you're destined to have many babies.

What Girls Said 6

• well, from my experience, I have felt my hips growing more since I was 19 and now I'm 23 . .

not that I've changed size or anything, but I can feel them more stout (if that's the right word . .)

don't worry about it . .you will see many changes in your body but don't panic ! I'm sure you have a great body anyway . . :)

• Trust me, guys love big hips...it gives you shape

• all that sex youve been having is starting to make your body even more ready for childbirth. sex lets your body know to develop more towards an 'adult' body.

your hips widen so that you can have babies.

...sex and getting older

• how tall are you? an d why did you mention when you started your period?

• Have you measured? It could be an illusion. I just say that because you said you "feel like" your hips are getting wider.

• Well, when you get around college age, often your weight shifts to your hips a bit more. I wouldn't worry about it too much.