Do you believe in the "looks fade" phenomenon?

Especially when trying to downplay the importance of being physically attracted to your partner?.

• Yes
  • NO

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. It's not just a phenomenon. It's a simple fact. Nobody looks good forever. Nobody. No matter how much you might want your partner to look good, they will eventually get older. Their skin will get looser, and maybe wrinklier, over time. Sight goes. Hearing fails. Age just happens.

Do you honestly think you'll be this perfect specimen of the human body forever? Do you really think you'll be desired for your looks alone, for the rest of your life? Do you really think you or your partner will not go through the same thing? If so, I hope you plan on dying young, and quick.

Yeah I know that it sounds grim. I know it sounds depressing, but it doesn't have to be. It's just a fact to face. People age. Looks fade. It happens. Might as well enjoy somebody for who they are, and not how they look. Heck, even if you were the type of person to give/get surgery to "fix" all the things that have changed over the years, that personality will still be there. You can't "fix" that.

So in conclusion, yes, I do believe it. I believe it to be a fact.

PS - link

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, looks fade as an objective thing. But if you really love someone and you really are connected and meant to be together it won't matter because you'll still wake up every day and be amazed by how beautiful she can continue to be even at 50 or 60. Or how handsome he can be.

To the objective eye as you get older you become less attractive but to your partner, I believe you will always be the best looking person in all the world, regardless of what those 18 year old co-eds are wearing.

It's a very childish and immature view point to scoff and get pissy about having your partner get older or thinking about their looks fading, or always wanting to be with the youngest people possible (with in reason). I don't know exactly how to describe what I'm thinking but I hope you get some idea.

• Completely. I knew guys and girls in secondary (high) school that were the hottest things around. They are all now in their 30's and time has not being good to them. Whether its that they got lazy, had kids and got busy or what I don't know but they look jaded. One guy in particular was the hottie of our school - athletic, black hair, blue eyes and brains to burn. Now he's bald, overweight still has the brains though

• yes, some people also age better than others

What Guys Said 3

• We all want to feel physically attracted to our partner, but yes, looks do eventually fade. I would hope I find something interesting about the girl I end up with (and vice-versa), or else it will be one dull relationship

• Looks do fade... it's no phenomenon.. it's freaking facts of life. Some might age well, but that doesn't mean they're as attractive as they were (or could have been if they were in shape better as a kid, there's a chance they started taking care of themselves better later, but it doesn't change that they were at their peak physically when younger).

• Yes. a trip to wal mart will show that looks fade look at all the old people and think are they pretty? or look at the cosmtic lane and see what can be hidden or changed