• Ask
  • myTake

Curvy girls vs. fat girls vs. average girls vs. thin girls Do guys really care?

i have heard guys say "she is tooo skinny for me, I want a girl with some ass" there is a song on the radio "all I want for my birthday is a big... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

What Guys Said 59

• Lots of things here.1. Appearance (looks/body shape, etc.) are, of course, a bit part of attraction, especially initial attraction, for both sexes, though I'd agree that women are judged on appearance more than men. Still, it's almost never *exclusively* appearance.2. Different guys have different tastes, and the majority opinion is a very LOCAL thing. In your town, curvy girls with big booties might be "the thing", while in the next town over, they might like petite girls, or tall skinny girls, because they are a different demographic over there.3. The vast majority of guys would prefer that their girl isn't "fat", and many guys won't approach "fat" girls. But when I say "fat", that doesn't mean "she could stand to lose 10 pounds", that means "more than 50% over the max BMI for her height". So, if, say, BMI charts say that you should be 120 for your height, you'd need to be 180 to be "fat". That's not an exact science, of course, but it's a good guideline. Most guys aren't going to worry about an extra 10 or 20 pounds on a girl, and many girls are technically over BMI but carry that extra weight in the "right places" (boobs, butt, hips) rather than the "wrong places" (arms, thighs/calves, stomach) and they look healthy and good.At 5'3" and 125 pounds, you are not even close to "fat". True, you might not be "skinny", but you don't have to be skinny to be attractive, and in fact, most guys probably their girl in real life to be a bit softer and rounder than, say, the average model or Hollywood actress. In some cultures, they prefer MUCH larger women, but again, it's all local. Go to Brazil, and they love pear-shaped girls with big butts, especially if they are otherwise fairly thin, and they don't care if her breasts are tiny. In Mexico, big boobs, even fake ones, are in. In Hollywood, they want stick-thin women. In Oakland, they tend to prefer girls who are "thick" and curvy. And all that is just the majority opinion; there will always be guys who want something other than the local "standard".All that is about appearance, and while appearance IS important, even with guys, it's far from the only thing. Personality, attitude, and behavior are all very important aspects too, and many really physically attractive women get passed over for girls with better personalities, even if their looks aren't quite as high on the scale. Women tend to blame everything on appearance, when often the reason they are ignored or not approached is attitude/behavior/personality, and no make-up, hair style, wardrobe, purse, or shoes are going to fix that. Nor will losing 10 pounds.

• Curvy girls.No fats. Period.

• Sure we do. I want womene who takes care of herself if she doesn't she's probably depressed or weirded out in some way. Bu, let's not get obsessive. Guys really don't care about a few inches here and there. Once we're over 16, we don't need girls who look like buffed celebrities who use their bodies to make a living.

• Yes they care. Guys vary in where on the 'thin like a model' vs 'thin waist but big curves like a rap video model' line they like. Anywhere between those two is relatively appealing and probably some guys favourite. As you get older though, most girls aren't on that line. They're fat. Very few guys prefer fat. Being not-fat is probably the biggest factor in how hot a woman is considered. Guys who aren't good with women may expect to only get fat girls.

• CURVYNO IMPLANTS

• curvy only?

• Sorry - looking back on all my GFs these were the ones that motivated me to be a better man, get off my butt and be The Guy for them, etiquette et al. Physically most stimulating as well, of course

• For me the kind of body doesn't make much difference but given the choice I'd rather have a curvy woman. I like to see some definition and flesh (preferrably toned) on my girl :) Kim = YES - But that's meMy younger brother who is exactly one year and 6 days younger to me can't do with any flesh on his woman, he wants her to be skinny the way you describe yourself. I've seen him make his girls lose so much weight that they tend to look anorexic.I like skinny girls too but I wouldn't want her to be my girl, to look at is fine. I don't like most ramp models :(But please don't let personal choices or judge from comments and answers here. There are tons of guys out there who like skinny girls :)You have a great 2013 :)

• lol I'm not even that skinny, just petite and proportionate

• Petite and proportionate is good :) - I'd take an average girl against a thin girl (I think thin girls look good too - just a question of personal choice)

• Guys do really care, and pretty much any normal guy will go for an average/slim girl over a fat girl every day in a given century.

• Anything as long as she's not fat.

• I like 'em thin."All I want for my birthday is a big booty hoe" - I believe that was either a Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin original.On a side note, apparently in 1912, the ideal woman was 5'7" an 171 pounds: link

• Different strokes for different folks. I'm a big guy and I like petite women. There's no accounting for taste, and no matter what it is there's probably someone that thinks it's hot.

• So long as she is healthy, fit and well looked after, whatever she has is fine. Overweight or ribs showing are negatives. Even if she is flat up top and has a boy's bottom but is proportional, I'm OK with that if she is fun to be around.

• Honestly, I prefer curvy, hourglass body style, but I'm an openminded individual.

• everybody has diff tastes in what kind of body types they prefer. there are some really nice looking plus size girls out there as long as your not morbidly obese, id date you.

• Kim Kardashian butt looked good at first but is beginning to grow a life of it's own.I like a woman with a nice bottom and small waist. Small to medium chest. I have dated some very cute girls nearly flat chested.Here is the deal. Women want a man who will have sex with them. So the woman must be attractive to the man. I know guys who like them fat and others who like them ugly and they all have good reasons. I met a less attractive woman with a perfect body and the sex was unbelievable so God has a perfect balance in life.Fat for me is a turn off.Good luck,

• I think girls here a lot o things from society and douhebag guys and they automatically label all men as such. This is wrong. We all have preferences and types but not all of us want a supermodel, not all of us want a big ass and big t*ts, so don't be quick to jump to conclusions. Me specifically, I like petite girls, like really tiny. Don't care about the size of her boobs or her ass, I just like a really small girl, and her face is more important than her body. Of course there are always limits, I'm not attracted to fat/overweight women or really, really skinny girls.

• Curvy is great. A few extra pounds is good. Note, I said A FEW. Not fat. I don't like skinny either.

• Just average, please. The more women distort their actual appearance with make up and implant the less attractive they become IMO.

• Fat girls are a big no.Skinny/average are usually the same category for me..Curvy can be nice.Sounds like that guy has some issues...

• lol

• size or shape or something like that does NOT define the girl, then again, me and all my friends would like a curvy girl better, doesn't mean we won't date the skinny ones, but f we it was possible to choose how does would your loved one would look, we'd choose curvy, in fact, I have no problem with skinny girls, but if they are REALLY skinny, like too much bone and too litle of something else, I confess is a turn off for me, IMO most people are average, or a little on the curvy or skinny side, but only a little, in all honesty I would rather a girl that s 15 pounds heavier than her ideal weight instead of a girl who is 8 pounds below her ideal, on the other hand EVERY girl I know from 12 to 50 years old, regardless of their body always want to be skinnier, and while many guys may say "no fatties for me", all guys I know have swallowed their own words when they find a sexy curvy girl even if she is a little (or more than just a little) in the chubby side, so I honestly think the idea of "skinny is better" is a misconception or something the media wants both boys and girls to believe, and they may be "conviced" of it, but our instincts and basically the way we are prewired tell us otherwise

• i personally like medium girls...some curves. too skinny or too fat is a turnoff

• I pick curvy and average...No fat females

• I'll be blunt. What the hell.We pretty much always prefer a healthy woman. Someone who's height and weight proportionate. When I think of dating an obese woman, or one who's just borderline, my mind flips from friend mode to predicting how it would be to be her significant other. And I always imagine it's going to be an uphill climb with her self-confidence and negative coping mechanisms like comfort food gluttony. I'm not saying every fat girl is insecure and downs a gallon of icream every night. Crying in front of the TV. I'm saying that as a guy who likes slender girls, I would spend a lot of mental energy every day trying to figure out a way to make my fat girlfriend lose the weight. And I'd spend a lot of time trying very hard not to look at the sexier women walking around. I'd get anxious, I'd end up depressed. I don't go there anymore. Studies have shown that not only do men view women as a collection of body parts, women see each other that way. link In the caricatured reality we live here, where we get reality from tiny screens in our hands or bigger ones at work and home, the imagery of Kim Kardashian and Beyonce types stand out in the crowd. Think of how many hundreds or thousands of women men see on their iPhones, Androids, laptops, TV's and even that weird place called reality. It takes an African fertility goddess carving to make us pay attention. Big ass, big breasts, big vulvae. I can understand the draw of a big butt from a distance, though. It feels more imminent. Like it's right there in front of you, no matter where she's walking to. Give me a smaller woman, and put her butt in my face. That's fine for me. Small waists are in with big boobs and butts. So it's going to take implants to make those big butts happen. If you were to work your glutes to the point of overdevelopment, you'd cause some major posture issues. Pain in the back and shoulders, neck. Otherwise, when you work out to get the small waist, it's going to be one of the last fat stores to go. By the time a heavy girl (or guy) gets a six pack, the kegs on their butt are gone. It's just a social adaption to the fact that so many of us are overweight now. Since we're big, we might as well find each other attractive. On the bright side, it's also a turning away from just seeing skinny white girls as the only ideal sex objects. Finally, we can all have jungle fever. Screw granny and grandpa talking about not mixing the races. The skin tone at the family reunion is getting darker - and that's a good thing. As far as guys saying girls are too skinny, a lot of that comes from wanting a woman who is easier to please. To be honest, heavier girls and their tendency towards lower self esteem ensures that most player types can get away with murder with them. Skinny girls are high maintenance in comparison. Now that all my female friends hate me, that's my answer.

• "Studies have shown that not only do men view women as a collection of body parts, women see each other that way. link "This really shouldn't be this way, and the people who think this way should be ashamed of themselves.

• It's unfortunate. I think if we apply Freudian logic, it comes from seeing Mom as a large breast to suckle on, and dad was a distant entity that would do things near us and we'd try to get the big picture on him, while spending time contemplating the parts of Mom that we touched and saw right there in our little faces. When I examine how I look at women, I see that I'm trying to look at them as a whole, as a personality - but even then I have to get to that analysis after I notice her smile.

• yes he was very insecure and in general, I don't care their are obvious extremes to where I wouldn't find a skeleton attractive neither would I find a whale attractive either but all in the "average" spectrum is fine by me, and that's a big spectrum lol

• No need to worry.Guys opinions regarding their interest in womens shape and size is huge.As much as guys have opinions regarding women, so is the spectrum for women opinions regarding mens looks, it's a huge one as well.I always say it like this, if a guy or a girl has SERIOUS emotions for you as well as being serious in general, he or she would care less if he or she is under/overweight, or the size of any given body part(s).There is a reason why we are so many people walking on this earth, and it is not because of a vast majority of people looking like Kim Kardashian or Calvin Klein.The opinions you see here from guys are not representing guys opinion at large, let alone doesn't girls opinions about this subject.There are guys who like skinny, average and overweight women, it's the same for women.How many guys/girl like each category, globally speaking? Nobody knows. It's irrelevant.Have this thought in the back of your head: There are always guys out there who have interest in pretty much every possible size and shape.That's about it! :)

• Never implants for me. Never ever ever.I've dated skinny girls, big girls and everything in between. Personally I prefer big girls and yes, it does matter.Think about it. You're probably attracted to certain types of men and others turn you off. So their physical traits matter to you too. Would you be interested in dating someone you aren't physically attracted to?People aren't just their body though. They aren't just their personality either. Both combined is what makes someone who they are. Disregarding either means you're disregarding who that person is.

• As long as she's not hiding a penis down there I am cool with whatever (and well other things apply like mental health and overall health ect...)

• Women who are overweight and never had a baby feel looser than women who are not overweight and never had a baby. Only a few women I have had sex with have been overweight. Having sex doggie style with overweight women is the only way I can have an orgasm. I have had sex with 40 women but I have only had sex about 120 times.

• it does matter to guys. sorry. I don't think we believe size defines a woman but we find certain body types and features attractive and will look for those disregarding some who don't have those features

• I am all for girls getting bigger butts and butt implants. Personally I'd rather she get implant in her ass than her boobs. I like a girl with a thick booty, and I don't think it defines her, it's just a nice icing on the cake, the cake is what is ultimately interesting.

• Well fit girl.A girl who takes care of her body and her health.

• so no meat on her bones?

• Show Older
    • Just look at European girls. 100-130 pounds or so. and anyone who is having problems can change it because it takes 21 days to make a habit or break a habit.

• True

• Show More

What Girls Said 5

• Is 5'3 and 125 skinny? I'm 5'4 and 120 and I feel huge. :/I don't know. I have a big butt and a significantly smaller waist and I don't think it looks that great. It's kind of expected that if you have a big butt that you have big boobs as well, but that isn't true in all cases.

• weird your not girl I'm after is a bit taller then you but I'd think she's around 150-160lbs. but I don't think she's fat just has wide ass/hips skinny arms but thick thighs ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby baby!

• u sounds great :)

• Dont forget light skinned vs. Dark skined

• lol I am what they might consider light skin but I'm not yellow, red bone I guess. My sister is a very beautiful dark skin. I like her skin color so much because its all one color lol but I think my skin you can see differnet shades, like the top of my arms is darker than the bottom. they tend to show a lot of the light skin models in magazines and on TV so many people don't really get a chance to appreciate the dark skin beauties. Kelly Rowland seems to be the darkest I have seen

• Show Older
    • i'll take a dark skin queen any day

• Nice to know :)

• I think he might have been insecure because only big women would hit him up..to some guys it matters and to others it doesn't..just depends on the person

• I concur with this answer here

• Well, I'm 5'5 and 116 lbs with a good figure, but guys like me for the wrong reasons. it shouldn't matter her weight or size, I use to be fat and no guy talked to me now they text me like crazy. he was most likely insecure but if you only weigh 125 your skinny.

• Every guy likes something different.for every girl doing squats, making appointments to get ass shots, there is a girl doing hours on the elliptical and starving trying to be Kate Moss. Every guy is going to have a different view of ideal beauty. Girls need to stop stressing themselves over guys opinions. Even 300lb women can get f***ed and married