Can small men be protective too? Girls under 5"8 please!

Seen a lot of these recently and haven't really got a clear answer. Since I only stand 5"8 barefoot, women over my height probably won't even look at me, so for the girls 5"8 and below:

given that I'm strong (not a bodybuilder though) would a man of my height be able to give you that "protection" feeling many of you crave so much? Or is that only achieveable if you're 5'11"-6'+?

Just curious. Be honest

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. You aren't really short or anything (much taller than my lastest ex) and you said you were strong so I'd feel pretty safe. Having someone vastly taller and super built actually kind of frightens me. I prefer a happy medium which it sounds like you are. So if you find a short girl, Inn sure you'll be fine! :)

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly, yes it's good.

Stop being insecure! -_-"

• 5'8 isn't short... :s. But yeah, you can :)

• I'm 5'3'', and my father is just over 5'8''. In my eyes he's always been the epitome of masculinity and protectiveness. So yes, definitely.

• I'm 5'7. Any guy who is my height or taller can.

• for me no

• I've always been more into a guy who can protect my sense of well being with humor, emotional support, being reliable, etc. In the modern world, MOST of us don't usually go places that are physically dangerous -- and when we do, having big muscles doesn't necessarily protect us from guns/bombs/earthquakes/etc. It's not like there are saber toothed tigers anymore.

What Guys Said 6

• you have no right to complain about your height. anything above 5'5 is good for a guy.

I'm 5'1 and 1/2 girls around my height or shorter tend to also be under age so how do you think I feel.

• Height doesn't matter though it's very handy in a lot of situations.

Women doesn't want you to protect them physically, but someone who can protect them from the horrors and cruelties of this world. And, someone whom they can find comfort.

• I like to think of myself as the mighty little Hercules.

• Most girls prefer a guy their height or taller...so don't worry so much!

• Im 5'7" and got into a fight to protect a girl getting pushed around by some goth guys at school. They're were all around 6ft and I had just left the swimming pool so was barefoot etc but didn't hesitate trying to protect her from them. It's what most guys would do whatever their physical size I think.

• Yes we can. Amen to the second amendment .

Jokes aside, I'd say that most girls just want a guy taller than them or at least their own height. Some girls only want 6'2 plus guys and if they can find many of them who also tick their other criteria then kudos to them, but the vast majority of normal girls will get with normal men. In this day and age I don't see how being very tall benefits or detracts from a person. Some girls claim that taller guys have better genes. For what? Only they know.