Why do guys get big headed when they find out you fancy them?

Why is it that when a guy finds out that you find him attractive he starts to act differently. Like he will do the whole "I see you but I'm trying to show you that I ain't" or catching glimpses of you wen your not looking and when you do catch them they look away fast. I don't get why that is the case. This has happened to me a lot with guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are these guys good looking to the consensus? It sure sounds like it. None the less, their actions does not necessarily mean that they're cocky. If they are unvailable, or on the fence about their interest in you, then perhaps looking away is done in part to avoid misleading you, or until they're off of the fence.

As you stated, some guys appear big headed when girls express interest. I would have to say that those guys had prior egos' becuase of they attract women easily. Average Bob's are usually humble when a girl expresses interest.

• Yh they were all good looking guys. I just want to ask you a question tho, why would a guy whose unavailable still look at you wen your not aware of it? But look away wen they realized that you had noticed?

• Attraction. Guy's like to look at attractive girls, regardless of our dating status. Even more so, guys like like to look at attractive girls that fancy them. We look away as a mean to respect our significant other.

• I agree with the answerer on the comment

What Guys Said 4

• I guess they are trying to play hard to get? I was a bit like that when I was younger and didn't know better. If it was a girl I liked, It was as if I didn't want people to know I had a "weakness" for someone else if that makes any remote sense. I think my own immaturity was a big part of it.

• Lol but would you act like this also if you were unavaible but you found the girl in question attractive?

• When girls fancy guys, it's usually a guy's ego booster.

They are definitely interested in you, that way that they look at you.

• But could it also mean they are unavailable? But still find you attractive?

• If I caught a girl looking at me and I found her attractive I'd lock eyes with her and smile. If I caught her looking at me AND I was skeptical about her looks I'd turn away and check her out when she's not looking to confirm if she's attractive or not. Very immature but not cocky cause I'm not really that attractive and do acknowledge that.

• Well the guy is obviously happy you you like him. They'll also be less likely to play hard-to-get, and will act more confident around you.

What Girls Said 1

• My guess is that they're either very immature or very insecure. They're not used to having girls like them so when one does they get all cocky. Because usually people who are used to the opposite sex liking them or not surprised by the opposite sex liking them play it cool when they find out someone has a crush.