Looking for lighter meals

So lately my stomach has been very full only after eating a "normal" meal, like some meat, potatoes and a salad. I was thinking about changing my diet a bit and maybe eat less, but still eat enough of course. I was looking for lighter meals, meals that aren't super filling like the ones I eat right now (even tho they are actually normal sized meals... somehow they seem too filling for my stomach). Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how many carbs( glucose in your body) your eating. If you eat excess amounts of carbs, they speed up your heart rate, makes your pancreas produce more insulin to fight off the different types of sugars, and whatever you don't burn in the form of glucose gets stored as fat onto your muscles. Modified foods, even genetically modified produce, such as the white potato, papayas, sweet peas, etc.., these are produce that people have literally altered the DNA of the food. Of course the sweet potato or yam is the real potato. The white potato, russel potato, and or etc.. are all modified and extremely bad for your health. The point I'm trying to make is eating the wrong foods will make you bloated.

What Guys Said 2

• Chicken salad that's light on dressing. Maybe go with fat free Italian dressing.

• Sushi

What Girls Said 2

• Try switching to more fish/seafood, steamed vegetables & high-fiber grains (e.g. brown rice) if you can afford it. Sardines are a cost-effective snack. Seafood is extremely protein-rich; protein is one of the two things that'll make you feel satisfied w/o the massive glob of food in your stomach. Gastric distention is the other one (but that one seems like it's what you're attempting to avoid).

• I had to down vote this just because you mentioned grains! Nothing healthy about any grain!

• @1ibiz

You sure about that? Time to share your sources. I've got USDA, MayoClinic & Harvard links that say different.

• don't eat the potatoes. Potatoes and other starches can be very filling. Try having a salad with some meat on it for a meal.