Is 5'7 too tall for a girl?

I'm 5'7 and I hate my height. I want surgery either on my spine or leg so I could be at least 5'4 or 5'5. I'd feel more attractive if I was shorter. but I don't know if it's necessary...

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to really really wish I was 5'4 or 5'5. I'm 5'7 too, but I've never hated my height. 5'7 really isn't that tall now that I know better. The surgery idea is a ridiculously stupid one. Stop focusing on that one thing that you think is a problem.

You need to learn to accept your height which REALLY isn't that tall... you have to be 5'10 as a girl to qualify for a scholarship for being tall...just wanted to throw that random fact out there.

What Guys Said 10

• Think about the models that society covets for their beauty. They are typically 5' 8" and taller. You are NOT to tall!

• Lol not at all. Wtf that's a really dumb reason to have surgery for. 5'7 is not too tall.

• not at all. I'm 6'2" but that's about as short as I would go

• Surgery would be excessive

• Lmao your not tall at all

• thats not too tall. It's a good height

• 5'7 is a great height, most models are taller. Don't get the surgery.

• That's an average height for a girl in my area. Not tall at all. I'm 6'5 and I date 5'8 and up so you're almost too short for me. Tallish and tall girls are so elegant and sexy, why would anyone want to shorten themselves is beyond me.

• Nothing wrong with your height. I don't think you can really make people shorter with surgery. I have a friend who's a girl and she's about 5'7 and I think she looks great. I even had a bit of a crush on her once. Your height is not gonna bother any guys trust me. So start accepting yourself and enjoy life :)

• Not tall enough, I say.

What Girls Said 12

• No, you're only two inches above average height.

Its not noticeably taller for a woman.

Women wear heels to be your height.

I think you should love yourself just the way you are.

• I am 5'8 and hate it. I too wish I was 5'5. I have never liked towering over ppl. And when it comes to guys, yeah there are a lot of tall ones, but yet I never end up with them lol. I always get guys who are my height (give or take an inch) and it sucks that I can't wear heels or anything because I may tower him. But to answer your question. Its above average for a girl. Whether or not it is "too tall" kinda depends on the specific persons opinion you are seeking. Some may say yes and some no.

• You should invest money in seeing a therapist...

• No my friends are that height and I don't like being short,they don't have problems with guys either ;)

• I'm 5'9. Your not too tall Lolol.

• I never knew they had surgery that can stump you down a few inches... Depending on where you live the average height varies, here it's 5'3ish. From my point of view you aren't that tall, I'm 5'5, I this surgery would be a waste of time and money.

• I think its a perfect height for girls. Its not too tall. I'm sure you look good and many girls wish they were as tall as you.

• 5'7 is a great height. I'm 5'10 and happy with my height.

• I'm 4'11'1/2. I'm not getting much bigger. I wish I could be taller because its hard to find jeans. XD

• You're not too tall in my opinion. I'm the opposite, I'm 5'2" and I wish I was taller. At the end of the day it's all about loving yourself.

• My mom is 5'10" and still wears 7" heels lol

• im 6'4'' and damn proud of my height lol!

why anyone would undergo surgery to make themselves shorter is beyond me o.O

• self acceptance...

• accept yourself...

• it's hard when the only problem you have is something you can't fix.