Why do I look deformed in pics but normal in videos?

every time people take pics of me I look so ugly I cry. my nose is too focused on and looks so big and deformed. my nose is somewhat average sized in person, but not HIDEOUSLY BIG. I look in the the mirror and am content with myself. I'm not the most beautiful girl, but I know I'm not the ugliest. but the pics say other wise... and it puts me down. The other day I decided to take a video with the same camera... in the video I came out just the way I look in the mirror...normal... why is that? what do I really look like? my camera or mirror?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's all in your head.

If it was objectively an issue, then the pics and videos should have looked the same, and the mirror different.

After all, the mirror is showing you an altered view of yourself (left and right are transposed) but the pics and videos are showing you exactly as you are seen by other people.

The fact that you perceive the mirror and videos as the same, and photos as different, shows that this is just in your head.

• ok but when I take the pics w.o flash I look somewhat similar to the vids and mirror, just slightly different (or its in my head). BUT when I take a pic with FLASH that's when I see most of the deformities. The vids are no flash. The FLASH makes me look very different and it scares me... could flash be the problem? or does flash make me look as I am in real life?

• Do you walk around with a super bright light going off in your face the whole time?

No, of course the flash doesn't make you look more like you do in real life.

Relax - this really is all just in your head. Under a bright light, you can spot more flaws in your skin, sure. That's why make up stations have their mirrors surrounded by lights, so you can see (and cover up) every single flaw and blemish.

What Guys Said 2

• Still shot. Incredibly easy to and point out every flaw. I honestly do the same thing and feel I can't look good in a pic for the life of me

• You're crying over pictures? The problem ain't the pictures.

What Girls Said 5

• What type of camera are you using?

Makeup and contouring can help, as can playing around with a camera and figuring out which angles work best for you :p I have the same problem and I like to believe I look like what I see in the mirror

• Its the photographer's fault

• I have read somewhere that you look more like yourself (as in how others see you) in pictures/videos than you do in the mirror. Which is disheartening, I know.

But I would say if you took a video and looked fine, it might just be that you're not photogenic?

• You are probably not photogenic.

I am the same. I hate how I look in pictures. I feel that I look extremely deformed and ugly.

In videos and when I videochat on Skype, I look pretty normal and I like myself.

• 0|0