Do girls check out a guy's shoes?

I know that girls love shoes, and I am pretty sure they check out other girls style of shoes.

But do women check out a guys shoes? If yes, how much emphasis or attraction do they judge the guy on based on this shoes?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't consciously check them out, no. I catch glimpses of them under certain circumstances, like when his feet are near my face, haha! Most of the time, I don't really care. The only time I actively dislike their shoes if if they're falling apart when we're at a nice event, or if they wear tennis shoes with everything. Haha!

I will say this though, if I notice his style in general, I might check out the shoes too. And I love the sound of men's dress shoes on hard floors, so that may also draw my attention to the shoes :-)

• Hahaha! I love the click-clack of shoes on floors... that's my trademark ;)

What Girls Said 55

• I have no interest in shoes, mine or others. I own an impressive five pairs of shoes :p but no, I place no value on the type of shoe. In fact, unless you were barefoot (in a setting that should have shoes worn) or if the shoes were really loud or obnoxious, I won't bat an eye.

I find nothing fun or exciting about shoes, or clothes, for that matter. Or shopping. It's all dull :p

• Haha nah... I have seen a lot of guys ask this buti can't say girls do because for 1. Your a guy and 2. I doubt a girl would want guys shoes and well... they might compliment you on your clothes... but generally shoes has nothing to do with it, it's your personality everyone deep down looks for something nice in not anything on your appearance,

• I personally don't. Do I check out other girls' shoes? You bet lol. But I couldn't care less what a guy wears, really (as long as it's not crazy). Just a t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes is all a guy needs!

• Shoes are actually the last thing I look at. It's foot wear..what's the big deal. If you need bags over your feet to keep them warm then go ahead, with your bad self. The first thing I notice is face, body structure and then height,

• I don't really like shoes...I mean they're nice and all but not a focus. If a guys shoes are really neat or interesting then I'll look just for aesthetic admiration and it may prompt me to compliment them but nothing more. Although I will notice when they have horrible shoes and it sorta dims their light a bit.

Ex. I was introduced to a guy and when I look down he had half naked painted ladies on his shoes so it was a bit of a turn-off.

• I only notice if they're REALLY nice or they're REALLY ugly. Just go with a normal, clean shoe and you'll look good.

• They're usually the last thing I look for BUT I do judge a guy based on his shoes. Name brand shoes aren't important although the quality of the shoe itself is. For instance, if they're badly torn, grimy, moldy (I've seen this before) that says a lot about the guy's character. There's a difference in wanting to wear a certain pair of shoes for comfort vs. being cheap and not caring about your appearance.

• All the time! I wear heels every once in a blue moon. But I really love sneakers and boots. Everytime a guy walks by I always check out his shoes but I do it to girls too. Sometime I just do it to see what styles are out there and what I might like. If I'm interested in the guy a make it my duty to check out his shoes. It gives me a sense of who they are.

• Well. To me shoes aren't all that important. But if a guy is wearing nice shoes and is good at matching them to the rest of his outfit, that's definitely a bonus to me.

But seriously. Shoes are such a minor detail, I don't care to look at them until I really like a guy!

• Hell no. That's just stupid

• To be honest, I don't pay attention to men's shoes or women's shoes. I know a guy who has an extensive sneaker collection and likes to brag about it. I'm not impressed at all. I think I personally only have about 5-6 pairs of shoes. I hate feet and I just don't really look at someone's feet. I look at their face. Because that's what I talk to.

• Yes I love shoes

• HAHAHAH I don't know about other girls but I have a dirty mind and that's probably the onyl reason I am even looking at your shoes unless there is sh*t on it :L

• Absolutely! I will ALWAYS check out a mans shoes. You can tell a lot about them with their shoes... Are they clean? If their shoes are grubby and stinky that's a no no, presentation is important! You can gage their sense of style etc. If they choose to wear thongs/flip flops to a date etc.

My grandma once told me.. You can tell a lot about a man from his 1.Hair (again, clean, neat, tidy? shaggy and sexy? shaved? bald?

2. Neck (dont ask me why, she's an eastern European lady so her advice might be outdated lol, and

3. His shoes. Brand, style, clean, how he holds himself.

• Yessssssssss ! I totally check out a guys shoes

One of my biggest turn off is a guy who wears flip flops !

F***ing HATE that. Puls you better take care of your toe nails too

• Yes! Sometimes the first thing I notice about guys is their shoes. If he's wearing timberlands, sabres, dcs, nikes, Adidas, Osiris or anything like that I find that really hot

• no I do not.

• Yes, no idea why, but my eyes will be drawn to have sneaky peek at his shoes.

If they are nice then good and I will not think about it again, if they are scruffy or just ugly I won't dump the guy over it but it will be a little niggle in the back of my mind.

• It's not my first thought when I look at a guy. But I do eventually look at their style (which includes their shoes). The choice of shoes a guy wears isn't going to stop me from getting to know him on a personal level. But that's just me.

• Yes. Shoes are neglected mostly... but they show his class and standards. That's my opinion . By the way good question this is! :)

• I judge a guy's dress/work shoes. Sometimes when I'm on the train, I'll examine "from afar" how scuffed or damaged a man's work shoes are. I believe it states a characteristic on how well they keep themselves (this goes for all clothing though, not just shoes). This also includes finger nails, facial & head hair (trimmed, not necessarily shaven), and teeth.

• Not really, unless they stick out and don't go with his outfit. I might notice my friends shoes but not people I see in passing.

• Yes. The way you are dressed says a lot about a persons character and the way they carry themselves I think .

• I definitely check out the shoes, yes. It does tell you something about the person, whether it's a guy or a woman.

Italian loafers are a no-no...so are espadrilles or something like Toms...

I like to see vans or converse or similar...and they can't be amillion years old and ratty dirty filthy stinking shoes!

• Sometimes, depends how much they call my attention...or if they are just really ugly lol like some guys just cannot match laces with tennis (yes, this happens a lot in my school). But no, I do not judge at all the guy based just on his shoes :P

• ummm unless they are really really weird looking to make me notice or don't match what he is wearing something fierce (like boots with board shorts etc) then no O.o I don't judge a guy based on his shoes.

• Yeah I do..

You can kind of tell what his style is with shoes. Like the sporty shoes . Then sperry = best style out there..

• looking up "sperry"

• link

These are cute!

• I am saying your type you like is most likely based solely on popularity and the types of guys that you found attractive wearing them.

• I used to sell shoes so yes, absolutely. It doesn't matter too much expect I like good taste. Polish, clean, and fit the style.

• I like when guys where the nike tennis shoes. And sometime when they match there shoes with their shirt.

• I work at a shoe store, it's kind of a habit now to check people's shoes. I have to just to make sure they're wearing the same ones in and out at my store, so now I just check people's shoes all the time :P

• More from Girls
    25

What Guys Said 13

• Much can be determined about a man based on careful observation of his shoes, but it's a lot easier just to smell his feet, or get a good look at the inside of his underwear.

• I never notice what shoes girls are wearing, nor do I really care. However, since a lot of girls tell me they look at a guy's shoes I try and wear good ones...right now aldo is my favorite brand and they're the shoes that have gotten me the most compliments.

• My Girlfriend does.. She looks at the whole thing... Thank God I'm picky about what I wear, because she is just tooo fashon conscience. I mean I can wear casual or sporty gear but it can't be grungy or dirty or ripped. AND WRINKLED! My gear has to be ironed..

• Some do.

One glance at mine and they know I'm a man of wealth and taste, and likely packing WMD.

• Interesting question as I will never understand the huge emphasis on shoes?

shoes shouldn't make the person..

• only if the rest of you looks bad

• yea man they want your shoes!

• The kind of girls I like probably would... I always look at guy's shoes...

• Any girl who judges a man by his shoes is extremely shallow and completely stupid. You will never see a guy paying much attention to a girls shoes.

• Nobody really pays much attention to shoes, imo. I mean if they are comfortable and suit the outfit you are wearing no sh*t is ever given. Unless you are wearing like some lime green and orange pair of sneakers with brown pants and a white shirt that don't really mesh together not many people care.

• I know I check out a girl's shoes, so it won't be surprising if girls do the same because a girl is usually into checking out a guy's fashion, same goes for guys.

• Of course yes

• I've gotten mixed comments answered about this from women. I have a few friends who could care less, and few who said they do look. One also said she looked a shoes for a different reason, that I am sure you can figure out.