Prom?

I'm a junior so I'm going to my first prom this year. Is it ok for the girl to ask the guy or is the guy supposed to ask the girl? Would a sexy dress be appropriate or should I look for something more elegant?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tradition for the guy to ask the girl, and that's how it happens for a lot of people. Who cares about tradition though? If you want to go with him, ask him!

• Im just kinda nervous because I like him and my friends have been telling me he's been flirting with me. but they're my friends. they're supposed to tell me what I want to hear lol

• Go for it! It will make it easier for him because he doesn't have to work up the nerves to ask you. It will also make him more comfortable with you. I think you should ask him.

• Ok sweet. thanks

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• It's totally fine for a girl to ask a guy to prom. I gathered enough courage to ask a senior guy to my junior prom and he said yes, so what do you have to loose? As for dresses, I prefer classy with a sexy twist, ie) no too short, plunging neckline OR cutouts. Best of luck!

• Depends what your prom is going to be like as to whether you choose sexy or elegant. I'd probs go for more elegant though-a night out is best for sexy dresses. You can still look sexy in a beautiful full length dress. And it's fine for a girl to ask the guy out!

• both years I've gone, I've had to ask the guy to prom...

• It doesn't matter who asks, go try on dresses and get the one you like the best.