Question for the girls on hair :)

Is this odd that whenever I leave my hair natural, as in no straightening, no blowdrying etc that it looks more unhealthy than when I use my straightener, and other things that according to most people online, shouldn't make it look as healthy as it does?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep that happens when your hair is damaged esp if its curly/wavy.If you stop using heat it'd start to look more healthy but its gona take months for it to look spectacular

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• What kind of products are you using?

I found that when I add leave in shortly after washing, then gel, then grease or "pomade" it looks a lot healthier..well it did before I completely straightened out my natural texture...but yeah, curly and kinky hair needs a little product to look neater.oh well

• some people are born with dry and nappy hair. not everyone can have healthy hair be leaving it alone. Always condition if your wash your hair frequently.

• Do you use any products/serums when you straighten?

Straightening the hair doesn't necessarily make it look unhealthy instantly. But regular use of heat will eventually cause damage...

Keep in mind, the way you treat your hair when it's natural should be different than how you treat it when it's straightened. You probably need to moisturize more.

• Maybe you need a conditioning treatment. Winter makes my hair sh*t along with my skin.