What causes cold purple hands and arms?

Lately my arms and hands are looking purple and feeling cold although I don't have cold. They also became really skinny I can nearly put fingers around my upper arm, it looks unpleasant because the rest of my body isn't that skinny. It seems that all the fat is sucked out of my arm... I do a lot of long distance running is it possible that this is the cause?

Most Helpful Guy

• I 100% agree with raptor's answer, it could be those and it is hard without seeing a doctor which one it is.

I however also agree with jmr2191, Raynaud's Phenomenon is a possibility, but Raynaud's is more common in males. But I reckon females can get it.

Honestly Hun, I know you don't want to, but Id see your doctor about this.

AS few ways to weed out possibilities is to test your circulatory system.

Read these articles on the way to do this. It can be different for everyone, but nature gave us multiple tools to help us.

link

link

link

Look into this. If you train and not fuel your body well, this might be the problem in it's self.

What Guys Said 3

• It's a long shot, but it could be Raynaud's Phenomenon. Raynaud's is a common syndrome that causes the veins in the extremities to constrict, which reduces blood flow to those areas. It is caused by exposure to cold and sometimes stress. Just keep your extremities warm and you'll be fine. For a more in depth description of Raynaud's, click here: link

**Keep on mind, though, that it could just be that you're staying in th cold too long and there's no underlying pathology.

• I'm guessing poor circulation, but it could also be a compressed nerve. See a doctor ASAP, you want this taken care of.

• poor circulation normally causes that

What Girls Said 4

• Poor circulation could be a cause

• EAT MCDONALDS

• Bad circulation.

• how's your diet? stress? any life changers? is this recent? or something you've noticed for awhile?