Hair gel ruining shirts. How do I clean them up?

For a few weeks now I've started wearing hair gel (on days when I don't ride). I like the way it makes my hair look but I've noticed that ever since I started wearing hair gel stains that look almost like bleach stains have been appearing on the collars of my collared shirts. It looks like it washes away the color and adds a slightly pink hue to the stain. Is there any way to clean this up? Or any hair gel I can use that doesn't leave these stains? It's ruining my shirts!

Most Helpful Girl

• I use Ecover stain remover for everything. They've gotten rid of month old blood stains...so I'm guessing they will work on those shirts.

link

What Girls Said 4

• you should use a hair pomade. It will give you the hold and style you want without the sticky, hardness, and apparently staining of some gels. For a little extra hold use unscented Dove hairspray. I have three brothers and they worship their hair lol American Crew makes a variety of pomades with varying holds. :) And it lasts them forever!

• what brand are you using? I've never noticed any of that from my gels and I've used a variety... so which one are you using and I'll try and help. And like Li4Loca said, use mousse...1. it's more fun, 2 it works better and doesn't make your hair look rock hard while locking it into place, 3 it smells really good ;) and 4, it won't bleach your clothes...

• the problem is that you are not using enough hair gel. use much more hair gel and your problems will be gone. in place of your shirts, wear hair gel. us little ladies can't resist. we are too slow and weak to resist all that hair gel! Which we get mired in.

• Try using mousse, its much better for your hair and won't stain your clothes. The stains might be bleach stains so I'm not sure if they will come out :(

What Guys Said 1

• The bleaching is caused by the hp in the gel, some brands have it, some don't. Switch brands.

• Know of any that dont?

• Nah it's been years since I've used the stuff, but ruined a shirt or two the way you describe... but mostly on really hot days when it would sweat out (in the tropics... its hard to avoid). Perhaps read the back to see if there are any bleaching ingredients, like peroxide... and maybe use a bit less so it doesn't get on your shirts.