Girls.... doesn't it feel weird and uncomfortable to wear makeup?

i mean you put all this crap on your face (yes I said crap, I'm not a fan of makeup on girls) and wearing earrings and sh*t.

wouldnt you prefer just to be natural and real, I mean you all say you want a real man, well we want a real woman

Most Helpful Girl

• The concept of a real man and a real woman may vary from person to person.

The purpose of makeup is to attract a mate and, via wikipedia: "intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance without affecting the body's structure or functions." In the past during different time periods of human history it was completely dependent on the societal norms--whether caking on makeup or using less of it would determine whether or not you'd get the best mate possible for yourself.

You are clearly stating a preference for yourself and what you like and expect but there is pressure on females to look their best, to perform physically and project an image of perfection that women have to do whatever it takes to hide their imperfect external blemishes and meet the societal norms of today.

While I do agree that some put it on far too much and in large quantities and therefore do not consider themselves beautiful without it but take into consideration that there are some women with medical issues that prevent them from showing how beautiful they are on the inside, outside and causes psychological damage. In this instance, women use makeup to make themselves blend into society and seem no different than anyone else. It is also possible that they do not know how to properly apply makeup to suit their face structure, their skin color or have proper technique. It might also just be their preference or something they learned to like from a family member. There are a variety of reasons.

What's most important is that if you have a girlfriend who does this that you IMPLY that you like her al naturale and encourage her to show her real self.

It is important to know that as women get older, they tend to wear less makeup. Whether they are growing to appreciate what they were born with or if they're just giving up the arduous tasks of applying expensive makeup is completely dependent on that individual.

What Girls Said 10

• No, it doesn't. It can feel really light if you use a light hand when you apply it.

If you apply it heavy and it looks thick, greasy, or frosting-ish...then it'll feel gross. Eye lashes also feel weird. I don't wear those though. They look nice on other girls though THAT KNOW how to properly wear them, and use them, and blend them well.

I do love makeup though. It's not always about 'hiding' your appearance, being fake, or being insecure. Some girls (me for one) like how I look with it on because it makes your appearance look put together. If you have an uneven skin tone, it'll even it out. It's not always insecurity that is the main motive to wear it or trying to fool guys.

Just because girls/we wear makeup doesn't make us any less real...facepalm. It's fine if you don't like girls that wear it...but the ones who do that you think don't are really going to shock you because you CAN'T even tell. I've seen a guy tell a girl that he liked her because she didn't wear makeup and he was wrong. Also be prepared and brace yourself...the percentage of girls that don't wear it is a lot lower than ones who do. It's just the way it is.

• I put crap on my face as a way of expressing myself, its fun to do makeup. I'ts like an outlet for some people. But yes, there are girls who can go overboard, maybe you've just witnessed too many of these chicks lately ha ha and the girls who you think aren't wearing makeup, actually are :P because makeup done tastefully is meant to enhance your natural features. Be careful when you make generalizations, no one really likes being generalized haha

• No. I love makeup, even though I don't wear it on a regular basis...

And I'm 100% real. No implants or foreign objects in my body. Plus, I have t*ts and vagina--real woman.

• not really doesn't feel weird. I don't wear much makeup. but SOMEONE (a male) said to me not gnna name who they were all like why don't you wear more makeup as in lipstick and get dressy . I'm like I duno I do it for special occasions like weddings . if I dressed up like that all the time then there would be no difference. its nice for people to notice that difference when I do wear more makeup. :)

• It does but you have to get use t it I guess

• no

• So makeup and jewelry means you aren't real? That's your opinion. You don't get to judge who I am because I wear makeup.find a girl who goes bare face and be happy. Being real or fake has to do with your personality and character

Some makeup can make you feel weird.I avoid most foundations because of it and only wear light coverage if I do wear it. Eye makeup feels fine

• The everyday make up doesn't feel weird, but things like false eyelashes do. You get used to it after some time, but it is not for every day.

I don't wear a lot of make up, but I do wear it every day, so it is a normal thing to me, just like brushing my teeth or having breakfast in the morning.

• for me, no it doesn't feel weird, its just a part of my routine, like having breakfast in the morning. I do not wear makeup every single day (Its not allowed where I work) and I'm completely fine with not wearing it either. But I do prefer to wear it, just because I like how I look and feel when I do wear it. saying that, I wouldn't be going overboard with makeup either and wearing 50 shades or foundation lol.

• Depends on the girl. I don't like it and I think it feels weird and usually dries out my eyes. I only put iton about three times a year. But I know other girls who feel weird without it. They tend to have worn make up at an earlier age. But yah depends on the person.

What Guys Said 3

• It's because they want to present themselves as someone beautiful and attractive.

Please, at least respect them.

• i get that but I think they look beautiful without it, I just want to know if it feels weird on them

• so how many times did you get rejected?

these girls seem to be right up your alley

link

• I suppose that means you'd prefer them not to shave their legs and armpits?

Y'know, since it's not natural or real.

• i don't mind that either