Why do so many guys nott like make-up on girls these days?

previous question and many of other posts inspired me to ask this question. guys seem to don't like make-up on girls, even when many girls look better with it. why is this? is it because they feel deluded? are they jealous of girls who raise their look? or do they really like pure natural girl better? what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are idiots. Don't listen to them.

God, especially on this site. There's a bunch of ideological virgins who somehow think they're going to come across a woman who is naturally beautiful, has flawless skin that's naturally tan, doesn't need any sort of makeup, has a perfect body without needing to work out, and vibrant silky-smooth hair that fixes itself.

They don't seem to understand that women are human and flawed. I guess that's understandable, when pictures of photoshopped models comprise the vast majority of your experience with women.

Thankfully, most men out there in the real world don't have such asinine expectations.

Listen, makeup is the gigantic, multi-billion dollar market that it is for a DAMN GOOD REASON.

• Basically this^

• SYKE no you're not, you're a f***ing tool

• The media? Makeup has been around for thousands of years. Get over it.

What Guys Said 19

• Because they have no clue what they're talking about.

If you put the same girl in front of them twice, once without makeup, the other time with well done makeup, they'd prefer the well done makeup.

What they are saying is, when they notice makeup, its usually bad.

That said, most guys probably prefer subtle makeup, most of the time.

• I feel as though excessive make-up is a sign and correlation to self confidence. This may be unfair but it is how I feel. I don't mind makeup to an extent, everything in moderation, but there is definitely a feeling in me when I see a girl caked in makeup that she probably lacks self confidence/esteem. Lack of confidence or low sel esteem are turnoffs to me.

It may be an unfair assumption to make but it is how I feel

• It's not that guys don't like make-up, it's just that either a girl isn't applying it correctly (generally, less is more), or she isn't all that attractive to us to begin with...

Jessica Alba is the type of woman that looks great with and without make-up. She's a natural beauty. But say, for example, Jennifer Aniston (who is, in my opinion, fairly average looking)... she can cake on all the make-up she wants, but to me it still won't change the fact that I find her average.

That's essentially how this sort of thing usually works, and it's a little different for every guy. A gorgeous model can put on make-up and guess what, she's still beautiful... just like an average girl wearing it is still going to be average.

Make-up doesn't really change a woman's overall attractiveness, it merely enhances/accents the features she already has.

• i like it when girls do wear it. you cover up imperfections and accentuate your beauty when its done right. it shows that you care about your appearance and want to look your best for others...if you do it for a guy it means you really care and want to look great for him. I really don't know why guys are against it

• I can a precise a girl who knows how to put make-up on. But I'd raher no make up then have her look like someone off Jersey Shore or Nicki Minaj. Between spanx, hair extensions, butt pads, and push up bras. The girl you take out in a date could be a completely different looking person than normal.

• Me personally I love a girl that wears no make-up. Like most girls say "let me put on my face" when they put on make-up. To me make-up hides a girl's true beauty I don't mind lipstick or mascara but blush and other cover ups make girls look like there hiding something. I'd rather see a girl with imperfections on her face then a girl hiding their imperfections with layers upon layers of make-up. It all comes down to the guy but me personally I have grown a hatred towards make-up and what it does to girls appearance.

• Because some of feel we don't get "you" as much you are putting on all this face make up, eyelash make up, or stuff like that. I'm okay with lip stick but sometimes you put on too much or you so into your make up that you us think you have a personal problem. I mean a lot girls look great without. I mean fix your hair,shave and put lip stick on (if its red or pink for me) I seriously think you act somewhat insecure because of it. I used to think that girls were better with make up well it turns they are better without and they look more natural.

• me personally I think women with make up I so damn overrated. plus not to generalize or anything but when I see chicks wearing to much make up it kinda turns me off; it makes me think that she is trying to hard to be validated, that she's insecure, that she has a problem with her own identity, and lots of other negativity. me, I just like things that are natural. a woman who looks so damn good without makeup turns me on at sky high level

• Lipstick tastes bad and gets on my clothes, mascara stains my Egyptian cotton bed sheets when you sleep over, foundation/blush has a weird chemically powder smell to it that is undesirable, if you are actually hot you look better without it, if you're not hot, then you're just faking it. Should I go on?

• Because I love certain flaws in a woman's face and I don't want it to be covered by a make-up.

• Aslong as she doesn't look like Krusty the clown I'm all for it

• 'Coz it hides your real face? I think that's a reason good-enough!

• It is not important for me ... But nature is better if she feels better. And it must not be exaggerated . Inner harmony is the most important :))

• Personally I think well applied make up makes a girl look better. Badly applied make up makes a girl look worse.

• When you make it so you don't notice the makeup at all, that's what most of us like

• Ehh, to be honest I'm one of the guys who use to say that I don't really like make up on girls and prefer a natural look.

That kind of changed when I read someone's answer on here.

When I say that I'm most likely talking to or like referring to girls with like naturally beautiful faces and probably might think about it differently for other girls.

In which case - a little makeup is good. Too much makeup is still bad though.

I guess I prefer a natural girl/look more because what you see is what you get (chances of like having an attractive offspring as well). A girl with a lot of makeup can look entirely different when it comes off and it's surprising to say the least.

• A little makeup is usually good. When a lot is used or the whole face is covered then it really sucks.

• If you ask that here, you'll get a lot of the typical "you're beautiful the way you are" answers.

Personally, I feel like make up is fine, everything in moderation though, and it can certainly make a girl really stand out and look even better, for some more than others.

The thing is though that this is just for random girls, I think most guys like that natural look best when they really are into the girl.

• make up is fine if you're subtle with it. Like in your profile pic with the pink shirt your makeup is pretty subtle and looks fine. but in your pic with the blue shirt, it looks a little heavy resulting in a slightly fake look.

an exception, for me at least, would be that heavy black sh*t those emo girls put around their eyes. I think that's kind of hot and makes their eyes pop.

What Girls Said 6

• It's not make-up, it's 'too much' make-up. Guys tend to enough the natural style make-up - cover up blemishes, even out skin tone, hide dark under eyes, etc - but not the heavy 'fashion' make up. Fake eyelashes are turning into a big 'no' for most guys, and heavy top eye shadow and/or lip stick tends to make them scream 'CLOWN'

Yes - link

No - link

• I don't know why they can't get it through their heads that well applied makeup makes you look better whereas of course the clown face and cake face will make you look bad.

The one time the makeup is done bad they hate it, and talk about it, but what about the 150,000 times that it's applied good? Of course they don't comment then. Because they can't tell or notice enough to say something.

• You can't believe everything you hear from this site.I don't think wearing make up that compliments your skin tone annd eye colors and is barely noticable is bad.

• Just leave all of that foundation, concealer & bronzer off..is that OK? Your old friend taster..(:(:(:

• Lol I do.If I wear make up its mascara,lip stick and maybe eye shadow.I don't feel like doing all that work with foundation,blush,conclear,bronzer ect! C'est nul

• It's not that men don't like makeup, it's that they don't like so much that the girl starts looking like a drag queen

• natural looking girls, yet beautiful, seem to be more approachable for most men.

• I think they feel intimidated by a girl who cares about her looks. A hum drum looking girl would attract less competition from other guys and probably wouldn't have as high standards...in his mind lol

I love makeup tho.only reason I haven't been wearing it lately is because I cook in a restaurant and have been really busy, but I can't wait to get back on my glam swag!

That being said,I am not a fan of heavy foundation because it covers the natural glow of my skin