What's so amazing about a girl having a tan?

I'm not white but I'm definitely not the tan that every girl pays to be. don't bullsh*t me. just tell me why is it such a big deal?

Most Helpful Girl

• it honestly helps hide things..im usually REALLY pasty white, and you can see every vein, stubble from shaving on my leg, acne scar..when I get a tan it's like wearing makeup all over - its all hidden.

What Guys Said 4

• I personally don't think its "amazing." Its just a preference thing like how some guys like blondes vs brunettes. That being said I like a girl who's tan because I'm attracted to that skin tone but its really about the girl and what really is her style. I've found myself just as attracted to a woman with a much paler skin tone as a girl with a tan...

• I don't care for tans, actually. I prefer girls with pale skin.

• Woohoo!

And I'm also glad to know that you're not alone, though many girls think that tans are always better for some reason.

• there is nothing good about fake baking

it destroys ur skin

and its ok if you white but not tan

just don't look extremely pale

if you tan you ruin ur skin and

eventually look orange

• It all depends if it suits the girl, personally I like a girl just a little tanned.

What Girls Said 6

• Amazing enough, it's only popular here. Other countries in the world have women buying expensive whitening creams, and in the US we give ourselves cancer trying to tan. Amazing.

Anyway, I tan because I am pasty pasty white. My Polish and Irish blood equals translucent. But I don't tan like some girls do, where I'm brown. I just tan every few days and give myself a look that says I've been in the sun but I didn't bake for hours.

• well in my opinion it's not usually a big deal - and actually a negative thing if it looks fake and orange - but a good part of society thinks it makes someone look healthier and possibly more attractive. and honestly - as long as it looks natural - I think it looks good on someone with blonde hair, just as [for white people that is] pale skin looks good on those with dark hair.

• Yeah I don't get the reason either. Maybe there is something about a sun kissed look the guys like?

i personally think tanning is not such a hot idea, I mean...if you don't want some sort of disease or cancer, that is.

• I like to have some color to my skin. It's a natural glow for me. Fake tans are just a waste of money. I'm all for natural, though.

• it's because you see more pale skinned people than tanned people. so when you do see a tan girl, its like all eyes on them I guess? I dunno.

• ...well often it's eyes on someone with a fake orangey tan because of how horrible they look with it.

• idk it looks good. I tan all the time with my firneds I just don't like looking white and pale