How big of an advantage do good looking guys have?

I have a friend who gets all the girls without even trying at all. He's European and has green eyes that all the girls go crazy over and just has really exotic facial features. I'm not a bad looking guy myself but whenever we go out together all the girls go crazy over him and his accent. Most of the time he doesn't even fix/wash his hair and is unshaved but he still gets all these girls after him, its crazy. Do really attractive guys have a huge advantage or just a little?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls, at a glance, will prioritize good looks. A lot of people (including psychologists and scientists) believe this sort of behavior is instinctual and natural rather than something we do deliberately. So yes, if you're out at a club or bar, anyone (male or female) will obviously pick out the person in the room they deem most attractive (and note that this attractiveness is entirely based on any sole person's perspective).

However, on terms of dating long term, I don't think a girl (a self-respecting, mature girl looking for a serious relationship) will put looks over things such as honesty, sincerity, humor, kindness, chivalry, parental instinct, work ethic, etc.

So, single, attractive guys definitely have a huge advantage on the playing field. But in the long run, guys with the aforementioned qualities will have a better chance of keeping a girl, not just getting one.

However, if you are blessed with both, then you are one of the fortunate few who will have little trouble with either.

What Girls Said 13

• Attractive guys do have an advantage but you also have to rememeber that what some girls find attractive, other do not. Also, if you think about it, the women you find super attractive are not the ones you date and connect with. This may not be the situation for you but it is for a majority of people -- the people you find really hot aren't usually the ones you date. Plus, does your friend have a lot of relationships or one night stands? If the answer is what I think it is, you're better off. Girls are able to pick up on when a guy is a player and they'll appreciate you, if you aren't like him. Don't stress and don't get jealous, there ARE girls out there who want you over him, I promise.

• Honestly... Yes they do.. lol that's just how things are sadly.. but that doesn't mean that you're ugly or that you can't find a woman

Some girls go crazy over less attractive guys... Girls or people in general are weird.. a guy can have a certain style... and a certain girl will go crazy over him for just that.. or a guy may make a joke in class and a girl may crush on him for being funny

Girls go after different things.. but when it comes to looks.. yes he may have an advantage but that doesn't mean every girl is going to be after him.. girls go after diff. guys for diff. reasons my sister found this guy who everyone thought was ugly in class, attractive... she thought he was cute :P even over the "hotter" guys so its all based on preferance.. but in my opinion... if a guys cute he does have an advantage but that doesn't mean... every guy is doomed to singleness cause those types of guys exists... sometimes a woman wants a guy who will treat her good and sometimes even the hot guys can't offer that lol xD

• Yes they have huge advantage compare to average guys.They easily get admired or liked without need to put high effort on it.The same goes for attractive girls.Every human being like someone who is good looking regardless gender.

• Very big. I once heard that girls don't "friend zone" hot guys. I think it's true for many girls (not me).

• He might get the girl but being able to keep her around is a whole other story.

• Guys with accents have huge advantages. Yeah, I guess really attractive guys do too.

• I absolutely melt for exotic accents.

They have all the advantages until you get to know them. And decide from there.

• Wish I was as shallow as most of the other women , ignorance is bliss

• Like other said they dn't get friend zoned I try to get them and not make them my friends

• they have a HUGE advantage

• They definitely have an advantage but remember looks are just the initial stage

• I'd say they have a pretty big advantage. Especially when approaching girls you don't know because think about it, you can only judge by looks at that point.

• A very big advantage. People who say girls aren't visual are kidding themselves.

What Guys Said 7

• they have a bigger advantage then most common Joe's and if they know how to use those advantages, it's a done sealed deal with most girls he meets.

Keep him close for if the force is strong with that one, chances are you'll get a piece of the action too being his Padawan erhm, wing man ;)

• Extremely good looking guys have a huge advantage.

Somewhat good looking guys have a pretty small advantage. Less of one then somewhat good looking women have.

• Its hard to quantify the advantage, but it's fairly large. That's one thing GaG has taught me ^^

• They do, he'd be a prime example of how gogo gaga women can get.

• its a big advantage

• It's an ice breaker, it's a little advantage. It won't help him please a girl, or keep one.

• True...if his social skills are horrendously weak he still won't get much "action"

• It is become he KNOWS he has swag. Know you are the best and you will get the attention as if you are the best.