What's the difference between white jeans, khaki pants, and black dress pants, in terms of dressiness?

So I'm kind of confused. I know these are all more dressy than jeans. But I'm thinking white jeans and khakis would be more on the casual side and black dress pants would be more dressy. Yes?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's arguable that white jeans are possibly less dressy than a nice pair of dark jeans. I personally wouldn't use the word "dressy" to describe white jeans.

Khakis are business casual, good for relaxed but classy events.

Black dress pants are obviously dressy, and are the status quo in business attire.

What Guys Said 1

• You are correct.

• If you want to get more specific, I would rank them, in decreasing amount of dressiness, as follows:

1. Black dress pants

2. Khaki pants

3. White jeans

• I agree, except I would put white jeans before the khaki pants.

What Girls Said 3

• this is the order in most to least fanciest:

black dress pant

khaki

jeans

• Blue jeans -> Black jeans -> White jeans -> Khakis -> Black dress pants

• I think that black trousers are the dressiest, but closely followed by white jeans. The nice thing about white jeans is you CAN make them casual, depending on what you wear them with...but black trousers always look, well, if not dressy, at least "smart", y'know?

Why, you trying to choose which to wear to something?

• No, I threw out all my old clothes and bought new ones and am trying to make sure I have something for any occasion.