The bushy brow trend: Hot or Not?

My mind is blown these days with celebrities, and now the regular female, sporting these horrible huge bushy eyebrows! I just don't think they are in any way flattering, especially the girls who pencil in pretty much 50% of their brows. I just think they look so horrible and manly, especially dark brows on a light-haired female! Why on earth this has come into fashion once more, I will never understand!

What do you think? Are big brows attractive, or do you prefer a more understated look?

Here are some examples of big brows for those not in the know:

link

link

link

I think it's funny that a lot of girls think that the second link looks really normal and nice, when I just think her brows make her look like a man! It seems like everyone has been brainwashed, I mean, come on... she looks neanderthal!

Most Helpful Girl

• ew! while brows that are too skinny are god awful (I used to have them) , too bushy might be worse. some people have naturally thicker brows but not thick like that!

a good rule of thumb is to stick with your natural size. a good waxer or threader won't make them skinnier, just cleaned up and shapely by the sides. and if you tweeze, only pull out the stray hairs under the brow, no hairs attached.

anyone can wear brow pencil or powder but unless you have a bare spot in the middle of your brow(unfortunately I have a few hairs at the side of my brow that don't grow in. it may be from all those years of tweezing too much :( ) but when you fill it in a lot thicker than your brow it looks disgusting! I know a girl who does that. don't make them thinner than they are, and don't go too thick either. we are usually born with brows suitably thick to our features

What Guys Said 5

• That's a really stupid trend, and this is coming from a guy who has some pretty prominent eyebrows himself.

• ugly...ugly ugly ugly

• Not attractive in my opinion.

• 1 & 3 are scary. 2nd looks natural length and not too bad but too close in the middle & too heavy...

mine look almost like girl 2s.

im OK with a girl having heavy eyebrows but not a fan of thick overdone ones. like persian/arab girl I expect to have darker than white girls.

pencil thin is scary too

• Those aren't attractive.

What Girls Said 10

• Whoa, the first and third link is terrible. But I don't see the second one as bad. Some girls have thicker eyebrows by nature. I'm one of those people. I have thickish brows but not as bad as any of the links you posted. Mine is natural looking and I still get it waxed every few months to keep it neat looking.

• Those look drawn on and crazy. I think full eyebrows can look nice when they are natural. Anything extreme usually looks bad.

• Thing is, women and girls are now trying to adhere to this trend, so they HAVE to draw then on... all you see is drawn on eyebrows! Talk about not natural!

• Audrey Hepburn is considered one of the most beautiful women ever and she often sported very thick eyebrows. I wish I had eyebrows as thick as hers. I think what is beautiful is being more natural. What looks a bit strange to me is pencil thin eyebrows that are done to look like that. Its also often thought that thicker eyebrows make you look younger (because when you get older your eyebrows naturally thin) than thinner ones.

• I like thick looking eyebrows, but not like that.

Those are overdone and wayyyyy too dark. If you have thicker eyebrows naturally, I like that.

link

• See, I really don't think they look nice! :P

• I think the second one is really nice. I think you have to create your own style and not follow trends. I think bushy brows look nice on people with huge eyes with a nice colored iris. I like normal eyebrows but styled really nicely and impeccably plucked.

• I love the second one's! They really frame her eyes. The other two look a bit fake and off slightly.

• Bushy eyebrows are awful. I like natural looking eyebrows, though. Like mine.

I don't like thin eyebrows.

• Not hot.

• I don't like it...I wouldn't get it myself. but if it looks good on someone, then it's good for them ofcourse. You always have to do whatever works for you, right. :)

• I don't like it but its nnice everyone is accepted