When you make eye contact with a girl are you supposed to look away or keep it?

I find that when I make eye contact with a girl or when I'm looking at a girl then she looks at me looking at her or when I look at a girl looking at me I tend to break eyecontact pretty fast. Is this a bad thing? I just don't want to come off as creepy but I've heard looking away shows low confidence... what am I supposed to do to come off as approachable and nice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, you should def smile at some point. I locked eyes with this kid at work once..lasted past 5 seconds and neither of us smiled. Still confused as to what that was about.

What Girls Said 1

• Keep looking at her it smile this time :)

What Guys Said 1

• Look at her, smile then hold it for a second or two to see her reaction then look away. Its up to yiu if you want to go up and strike up a conversation or just sit where you are and occasionaly glance over (the second one is a bit iffy, do it too much and it could be seen as creepy)