Blond Hair Care Question

I naturally have dirty blond hair, but I have been highlighting my hair blond for a few years now. I changed salons about a year ago and they do my hair a little differently, using two types of dyes. I'm not sure what type of dye it is but I know it has bleach in it, as I can smell it when they put it on and rinse it, but after it is done, I never smell it again.

I use regular Dove Moisture Care shampoo and conditioner, but one of my co-workers told me she uses purple or blue shampoo for her blond hair. I was wondering if anyone has used this before and if you recommend it. Also, do I need to buy special color-treated hair shampoo? I really love my Dove shampoo and I don't really want to change it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Purple or blue shampoo is used by blondes to take out any brasiness(orange/reddish tints) from the hair. If you don't have a problem with this, then the shampoo isn't neccesary. If you like your current shampoo, keep using it.

• Ah, I see. I'm not sure if I really need it. My hair looks fine to me and no one has ever said anything to me. Sometimes, I don't like it in florescent lighting, though... My hairdresser asked if I had some once and I said no. When I told her what I used, she said it was probably fine, but if I wanted to I could use some blue shampoo once a month.

• Using it once a month is probably a good idea

• Yeah, I was going to buy some just for that. Thanks for your help!

What Guys Said 1

• Your Dove shampoo is already doing a great job. Having different kinds of shampoo can easily damage your hair, and it may cause it to break.

If you're happy about the results of Dove, then it should be your only shampoo. Anything else will just be a doom for your hair.

What Girls Said 2

• Regular Drug store stuff might not help try one for colored hair.

Deep condition weekly

• purple shampoo is amazing for blonde highlights, I have them. after a while they start to dull or look more yellow/brassy, the purple brings out the pure blonde. clairol shimmerlights = amazing