Worried That I am Ugly!? Please Help! (Pics!)

Hello,

link

I am a 25 year old male and haven't had a relationship in 3 years. I am self conscious about the way I look and was wondering if the reason I can't find someone is because I am ugly and want to know what types of girls I can attract? I want to get your guy's opinion of what you think and how I can improve my looks. Please help! Thanks!

link

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't think you're ugly, you're an attractive guy and you have a nice smile. You look kind, which is certainly something to be valued in a partner. You also look clean and appropriately dressed for your age - hence professional and capable, which lets face it, is a lot more important in our age bracket than being up with the latest trends. That said, it doesn't hurt to present a stylish image. If you wanted to make your look a little more edgy and up-to date you could opt for a pair of the thicker-framed glasses which are trendy at the moment, and perhaps wear a casual fitted shirt without a tie like this link You could pair it with dark wash jeans in a straight cut such as these link though I'd stay away from anything skinny, stonewash, or ripped/bleached as this looks less appropriate in the mid 20s, you want to give the impression of being a basically responsible and mature man I'm sure. Dark converse would work well with this outfit and add a bit of fun, as would any dark canvas shoes. If it's cold where you are, the shawl collar jumpers such as this link which are trendy at the moment will add bulk and structure to a more slender frame, but look best worn fitted rather than baggy.

We can give suggestions as to what we think you would look good in, but of course, you have to feel comfortable in it yourself first and foremost, so that you can feel more confident when approaching women. Likely you just need to join some groups and socialise a bit more in order to meet the right woman, but certainly you don't need to worry about your appearance. If you struggle with confidence, self help books/websites on assertiveness can be a really helpful tool.. I used these to help overcome shyness and to be more effective in my career so I can vouch for them.

I hope this helps. =)

What Girls Said 19

• Worried That I am Ugly!?

In my opinion you are however I'm not seeing any reason for you to be worried about that as you're a guy and gals tend to be less visual and shallow than guys when it comes to looks.

Want to know what types of girls I can attract?

In my opinion since you're a guy you can usually attract any type going by how many guys are usually with a gal far better looking than himself.

"I want to get your guy's opinion of what you think and how I can improve my looks."

You can improve your looks by changing your hairstyle, fashion style, and bodybuilding though my opinion is that since guys aren't as heavily judged and valued for their looks as gals are it's likely better suited to improve your wealth, status, personality, and appeal.

• @TheAtomicMonster454

Probably because many people don't go around stabbing beyond recognition because someone gave their opinion that was asked for.

• girls are shallow , money and looks

• @adamfk1

People are shallow. Pretty sure most guys are about youth and beauty considering most male fantasies, p*rn, envied lifestyles, and advice are about having young beautiful gals.

• Because you're self-conscious and insecure about your looks. You've got the poindexter look but I mean there's a lot of people who find that attractive. Trust me I've seen way worse lookin people and wonder why they still get dates. Don't let your looks bother you and have confidence, don't look/be desperate and be comfortable in who you are, someone will come around.

• You look just fine to me. I'm not sure but you probably attract girls who are kinda on the shy side. It can be very hard to tell when shy girls like you so that may be why you feel like no one is interested in you?

Let me tell you. I took one look at your pic and instantly thought 'He's really cute!' :-)

• I don't find you attractive.

But does that mean you are ugly?

Last time I checked, I was not an expert at much...

• you like fine, I also like your choice of clothes. You like a good guy, so you're likley to attract more shy or quiet girls

• Hahaha no! You're super cute! I'm rate you a 7 or an 8. I really like how you dress too!

I'd suggest maybe growing out your hair by an inch or so. I actually like your glasses, they frame your eyes really well. Maybe ones with thicker black edges.

• For me, looks can only do so much. I went out with a guy who people thought was way beneath me in terms of looks for almost a year because he was confident, outgoing, and funny. In the end, it's about personality and not acting desperate.

• You are not ugly but in the same time not attractive, I think you are so formal & we girls don't like a guy being formal all the time.Improving your looks is a great idea and believe me it works, I had a friend that was not attractive but after changing her looks she became the center of attention. Also try to attract the shy girls and you will find the girl that always dreamt about you. Just be patient

• 6.5 /7

• Some of the guys seem to be fixated on body and the glasses. To be honest, as a guy who also wears glasses, glasses should be seen as a fashionable accessory, not as a limitation. I sometimes wear contacts, sometimes wear glasses, depends on the situation. I'd suggest taking a pic where you're not smiling like a buffoon as well. Show us a pic of you being natural.

• You're not ugly at all.

• no, but I like hippy guys so you are too clean cut for my type:)

• You look like a mama's boy. Girls want men, not boys that depend on their mothers.

• F*** looks if you got money whoo cares ! Girls gonna want

U hands down ! Buy a sexy sport car and watch how many

Fine girls gonna droll ;) (me included)

• I don't think your ugly, you could be alright just pick a style and stick with it. That tie makes me think nerdswag but I think preppyskater looks hottest on Asian guys. Like button down polos with skinny jeans and cool shoes with extra long tounges lol. I don't know guys in those outfits look so sexy to me.

• I think you have very average looks. You know relationships aren't about being ugly or pretty, its about having social skills. The point is, I definitely don't think your looks get in the way. You look like a normal person. Try working on your conversation and people skills.

• No way I think you're cute! If you were really worried about your appearance you could try working out, you don't need to but it improves self confidence :)

• confidence is BS

• In your experience that might be true but in mine confidence does make a difference

• Your not ugly at all .and I'm not just sayin that!

• You have that clean cut and sort of nerdy thing going which a lot of girls find cute. If you want a suggestion, I would say try growing out your hair. Remember its not all about looks, if you can make a girl laugh that's a big plus.

As far as the type of girls you want to attract, that is up to you. Try to meet a girl you have something in common with like hobbies and interests. That way you already have something to talk about and it doesn't seem weird when you approach her.

What Guys Said 15

• Hah, I certainly wouldn't say you're ugly. But that's just me.

To me, you don't seem like the kind of guy who would be more appealing by bulking up. Maybe toning up, perhaps.

But you come off as the kind of guy who would be attractive more for uniqueness than "macho studliness". This might sound like a bad thing, but it's really kinda a good thing.

I'm going off of very little information, here, but you meeting women may just have to do with you coming out of your shell. Even with the best looking introvert, it's hard to tell if they are taken, disinterested, in a bad mood, or just shy. It's not so much that people are disinterested in how you look or who you are, it's just that you're hard to read. But again, I'm only going by what I can gather from an image and one paragraph.

But you at least look and sound like a guy who could get a real relationship. Not one-night-stands from women who want to use you or say they did something crazy at a party, but a real "you're a great guy" kind of relationship.

• Maybe you'd rather have a girl's opinion but you're not ugly. You look nice so if you're dealing with confidence shortage maybe grow your hair out a bit and gel it with a little spike (I don't do either of those for what it's worth) to make the tie/sweater/glasses look intriguing. Looks to girls are way less important than we think, they want clean (which you are) and not ugly (which again you are not) but a guy who is confident, respected by men, and valued by women. Act like you have all of those and you're fine. Make sure you approach women and aren't too nice-don't be mean, but tease them. Alternate nice with teasing, act like you're something special to have, etc. Volumes can be written about this, but no, you are not ugly.

• Confidence comes from previous success, which come from your appearance. Respect from other men comes from looking masculine and dominant. Valued by women comes from being handsome and attractive. The way you look is huge in how other people perceive you.

• I respectfully disagree with each statement here. Confidence is helped by previous success but can come from nowhere, and does not require any look or appearance. Men respect you if you lead them, looks again mean less. Valued by women is the same, and both are just demonstrations to women, they don't need to be realities. Women will like you if you demonstrate them, whether or not they are true. That's where wingmen and anecdotes about oneself come in to play, etc.

• To be honest, you look like a cool f***ing guy. I'd change the glasses though. You have the perfect head shape, so you can experiment with different styles, but if I were you, I'd deviate from the normal rectangular style and get myself a pair with thicker frames. As others have stated, growing your hair out sounds like a good idea - Asians have nice, thick, straight hair, capitalize on it. I think you guys use hair wax to maintain the style, so do that.

The girls you can attract are the more feminine ones. I don't think the loud types would bite, but who wants them anyway?

• I know he looks awesome! I think he should go for a shy girl since e seems the sweet mild tempered type. I am personally not attracted to Asians but I think he's cute but not hot to me. Dude you just gotta put yourself out there! Don't worry!

• I think that you are normal and that said most of us males are not that good looking anyway .

As you said you are self conscious and that's something that you need to deal with yourself ,

other than that in my book the best way to improve your "looks" is to find something that you like and look like that , that way you will be confident about your style , staring going in a gym to make an athletic body and feel a bit more confident is also a good idea , but it take time and dedication.

I want to mention here that I have seen ugly broke guys scoring dates with cute girls a lot of times , so its mostly a game thing than looks . So improve your game and it should be fine .

I'm not an expert , so if someone does not agree don't get all butt hurt its just my take on this .

• Why are you dressed like someone who went as a nerd at a Halloween party?

First off change your sense of fashion, grow your hair out, and last but not least, start hitting the gym. This change in yourself should boost your confidence and self-esteem, and in turn should start to make you a lot more attractive to girls than your current state.

• You lack the alpha gene, get some confidence. You aren't the best looking guy out there but you ain't no elephant man either brah.

I know people who changed their glasses for contacts, said it made them feel 100x more confident.

Consider a bit of a wardrobe overhaul, right now you're rolling with that big bang theory get up. If you're not naturally handsome and most of us aren't then you need to make sure the rest of the physical aspect you can influence are 100% on point.

You don't strike me as the gym type so I won't suggest that but that always helps build self confidence, it certainly helped with mine.

Try reinventing yourself, get confident, get cocky, get a bit egotistical..if you struggle with finding confidence then just ACT confident and it'll come...

Even if you ignore my information then at least have confidence in yourself because how do you expect girls to see you as confident when you struggle to see yourself that way.

• Maybe kinda goofy, but not ugly.

• Maybe if you don't smile it'll make you look better..

• Ok, for one girls hate lack of confidence. Dude, your not ugly (I'm a guy so the girls can give you a better opinion on that). Show some confidence and fun to the girl and they will be loving you!

• I really can't answer your question but you are a brave soul on posting your pic on here.

• if you've at least had a relationship then you are somewhat attractive

• You're not ugly but you aren't amazingly good looking either. I would suggest growing/styling your hair, maybe getting contact lenses and possibly hitting the gym. Out of interest, how tall are you?

Don't beat yourself up about it too much, I've been there and done that, it won't help. You just need to look as good as you possibly can, be realistic about who you can attract and meet as many women as possible.

• it is confirmed Op has dun goof facial aesthetics and physique. brb train hard lower body fat, get sleeker glasses change outfit = aesthetic sexy **** (no homer)

• Get Braces and get them teeth Whiten. I promise you just doing this 2 things you'll look great man.

• Have you seen the anime Initial D? The main character's buddy?

But seriously, I agree with the other suggestions: longer hair, going to the gym, lose the glasses.