What does it mean when a girl and a guy have an " eye lock" ?

there this guy in my college who have noticed him looking at me from side glance. so one day I just turned to look at him. he noticed it, and both of us looked at each other for few seconds. Very awkward feeling. I constantly looked at him and then he all of suddenly looked away.

Is there anything I can do LadyLuck. I think he is not interested , but I really want to settle the matter. I have two more years with him. after my text he is not responding well. I didn't mean to scare him off. I swear !
do you think after all I did... he will respond .. I doubt about it ! I feel he is avoiding me now.
I think you did read somewhere his reply to me. when I texted him to open up... could you plzz tell me what do you think about it. I don't feel good to sms him again.
okay... I think he is avoiding me ... so I have even planned to do the same. if he is interested he will come back !
haha thanks
look. I am absoulutely not embarassed of what I have done to him... I did what I thought was right. thanx for your reply. really appreciate that. and I am fine with it. I told you I am going to avoid him. if he is interested he will come back !
by the way it seems your keeping track of all I am writing to bluekev... may I know why? are you also wanting to help me ( thank you soo much LadyLuck)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• yes shuba I did write that. and read what you wrote. what I meant to say is it sounds like the guy could be annoyed because he isn't ready yet. its possible he still has things he is embarased about. but shuba I think he is wrong and you are right. if I knew him I would say look man I know your not ready yet but you havre got to stop holding back. this girl shuba is doing so much. now this is what I meant. lets say your parrents got you a birthday preasent and it is not your birthday yet and you keep saying let me open it let me see it. they would probobly say no its to early and get annoyed. but shuba would that mean there was no gift no. if that girl I knew who threw herself at me kept asking me and I still felt I needed to fix some things about myself I would have to find away to delay things but without saying I don't like you. cause if I say I don't like you its a lie. and then we will never get togeather. but if I say give me a cupple of weeks then she may rush me and what if I hadnt fixed myself yet. so if I just said I don't realy know what you mean ( notice I did not say I don't like you ) it buys me time. notice he did not say I don't like you. shuba lady luck is right in a way. but my angle is all you have to do is make him comfortable and then the perfection stage will end. but he is wrong and shuba you are right. I am mad at him. he shouldnt be so insecure by now. the smiling and waving lady luck mentioned will be good for now. trust me you will be on his mind and he will come back. give him his space and trust me in a week or so he will try talking or texting you. then ask to study. he is frusterated at himself for not being ready so he takes it out on you. id like to take him aside!

What Guys Said 2

• Lol you got him all flustered good sign! when a guy does that it means your to attactive to him to hold gaze with and it surprises him, that you would actually eye lock him. An eye lock is well basically ''sexual tension'' keep staring at him, sometimes so he knowtices. Also don't forget the hot and cold rule you've got nothing 2 worry about keep at it and keep asking questions :).

• Probably shy. Next time after class, walk up to him and say hi. That is if your not the shy type. But anyhow the "eye lock" is usually a small spark of interest. He notices you and vice versa.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, I do want to help you! The only thing that I don't like about avoiding someone completely is that it is stressful for YOU. If you can, I think it's better to just try to act like a casual acquaintance.

• Shuba -

I missed something that you wrote to Bluekev (it's v. confusing the way you do that - hard to know how to follow what's happening). It was about the other text(s) you sent him, apologizing.

Honey, I really think you need to just leave this guy alone. No one can know what's going through his head. It's possible that you came on too strong with all the texts, and now if you back off, and let things cool off, you might still be able to be friends (at least). Maybe don't talk to him at all for a week. If you see him, just smile and wave because that's the mature thing to do - and less embarrassing for you than trying to avoid him. If you have to spend another two years with him, at least you want to be able to see him w/o cringing with embarrassment!

So, don't talk to him, leave him alone. If you see him, smile. But that's it. Try this for a week or two and see what results it has. If anything, it should at least result in you not feeling so stressed when you see him. If he is responding positively, GO SLOW! Just start with saying "hi how are you?" for a week.

You've got to get off this merry-go-round you've got yourself on, Shuba, and only you can do that. If you started dating this guy now, you'd be so anxious all the time it probably wouldn't work out. Please work on your self-esteem so you can get into a healthy relationship. Is there a counsellor at your school? I'm not trying to say you're crazy, but I do think you could use a real-life person to talk to.

• Okay - good luck. Don't ask for advice if you're not going to take it.

• Shuba,

I know you didn't mean to scare him off. I think you just got scared because you showed your feelings, but you aren't sure how he feels. The thing is, one of you is going to have to take the risk.

I think you have two options:

(1) tell him outright that you'd like to do something with him (coffee, drinks, lunch, whatever). This is the fastest way to find out if he's interested or not, and also the one least likely to be misinterpreted.

(2) If you are too nervous to do that, you could just back off a bit to get back to where you were before (i.e. saying hello to each other at least), and then try to move things forward again. This is more of a long-term approach. But here's the thing: you will have to be CONSISTENT in your actions. When you see him, catch his eye and wave/say hi every time, for example.

In my experience, playing hard to get doesn't work well with shy guys because they usually need a lot of encouragement. They are afraid of misinterpreting you, so it's really impt to not send mixed messages, even unintentionally. Mixed messages/games might work with players who like a challenge, but most (good) guys don't like it.

Start today, okay? Ask him what he did for Easter.

• Ok, Shuba, listen up: I've been following your saga for a couple of months, and I've actually joined GAG to answer you.

Is he interested? I don't know. I never like to make assumptions about someone I only hear about second-hand. But with all your multitude of questions, I can make some assumptions about you.

The guy is not confusing; you are. A couple of guys gave you some really good feedback (voodoo something and regular guy) on one of your other questions, and you TOTALLY IGNORED THEM! BlueKev has really been good to you - I swear, that guy has the patience of a saint.

Look, I am not trying to be a b!tch, but what is with the hot and cold? You talk to him one day and ignore him the next. You text him asking him to open up and then when he shyly comes up to talk to you the next day, you say it was a joke? I'd be running for the hills if I were him!

You're mad because he only says "hi" if you guys make eye contact?! What do you expect - do you think he's going to yell across the room "HI SHUBA!" Um, no. Normal people make eye contact with someone and then say hello.

I think that you do not want things to move forward for some reason: either you don't really want to get involved with him or you are scared. Either way, you need to sort things out for yourself FIRST, as others have told you.

If you do decide that you want to go ahead with this, YOU will have to make a move. Yes, YOU. You are going to have to suck it up and ask him to do something with you. That may salvage the situation, or it may not. He sounds like he was interested, but it's hard to say if he still is or not. If he is, count yourself lucky and make the most of it.

Shuba, no one likes rejection. No one. Not girls, not guys. That's why making a move is so scary - you don't know how the other person will react. But there is only one way to find out.

I hope things work out for you.