Cheap prom-like dresses?

So, unfortunately my husband's unit decides to do their Cav Ball as soon as they get back...which means I gotta get a dress...which means I gotta get it NOW during prom season. And yes...when you go to a military ball, it's like going to Prom all over again. The poofy dress, high heels, hair and nails done. Some couples even rent limos. Anyways, I got NO clue where to get a super nice dress for under $100!

Thanks to those who said Ebay! I found the most perfect dress and in 45 minutes it's mine and as of right now I'm the only bidder! And my husband loves it so thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I would try Kohls, Sears, JC Penny, Craigslist, ebay, your local thrift stores, garage sales and the like. Also, if you know any girls who are about your size and build who are NOT going to the Ball, you could ask them to borrow the dress for a small fee or gift. Also, if you don't need the dress again any time soon, but money is tight, you can always go to the bridal stores and rent one. With all the suggestions above, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. :)

What Guys Said 1

• Second-hand stores. eBay. I know that sometimes high schools or churches or things like that arrange things where people donate their old prom dresses and then they sell them really inexpensively.

What Girls Said 3

• gojane.com

amazon.com

• I know people who've gotten really cheap dresses at Dillard's, I've never really been that lucky finding cheap dresses. Look at the sale racks. I'm sure some stores have prom dresses left over from last year, my guess is if they do they'll be cheap.

This ball sounds really exciting! I hope it's something I could look forward too, if my boyfriend and I make it through college. It's a complicating story. Eventually he'll be in the Air Force or Navy.

• ebay