Whats the very first thing you look for in finding a partner?

whats the very first thing you look for in finding a partner?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not judgmental. Now prepare for a rant.

I'm sick of the movie portrayals, and the groups of women, who compete to be as unimpressed by things as possible. Sometimes it's girls with little to offer, expecting the man to jump through hoops and walk on eggshells to prove they are worthy of her presence. It's irritating.

A relationship shouldn't be a power struggle.

I've been in situations where the girl left the moment I wasn't actively impressing her. Had a "friend" once who said "Why should I ever take time from my life to meet a guy? They should be the ones making the effort." So she got to focus on keeping her grades up and enjoy swarms of attention without lifting a finger.

Guys just can't get away with that kind of stuff. If a guy spends his life focusing on school or a career, he basically ends up alone. Girls can be passive, shy, or nerdy and still get plenty of attention. But a guy doesn't get attention unless he's a "real man", makes the move, isn't stingy with his own money, has experience, isn't awkward about the approach, etc. etc.

So if I was to say anything, the two words I would use for the first personality traits I look for are "humble" and "appreciative". Just understanding that I'm just as human as she is, not some superhero.

What Girls Said 16

• Enjoying their company already and being attracted to them. If I can laugh with them and feel warmth and comfort, I know that I can enjoy most time with them. If they can be witty and our convo happens easily and there's mutual quick wit, it builds a quick attraction.

Understanding the same principles and views is highly important also.

I fell quickly for my boyfriend because there was an immediate click of simply fitting together and I couldn't get enough of his gorgeous smile and the warmth and spark in his eye. It was just...there.

• Hands down, a brain.

A hot idiot is a huge turn off. A sort of cute, really smart dude... I'm already dreaming of being in his pants. I don't know why, but I'm totally serious.

Aside from my boyfriend being good looking, when he starts to explain complicated things to me, I become entranced. There's something utterly hot about it.

I'm not weird!

• Well, you can't NOT notice their appearance first, unless you're blind. But the very next thing I pay attention to is their attitude/demeanor/personality. I can sniff out an arrogant, egotistical, a$$hole in seconds. And when I do, I do a 180 and walk away.

• Intelligence.

• Whether or not he's a Christian. I won't/can't date a guy who isn't a Christian. :)

• well that's kind of limiting yourself. isn't the point of being christian trying to convert people? you're not a very good christian tbh

• sry if my bluntness and honesty is too much for you to handle

• no wait iam not sry

• Cuteness and personality combined

• a good character

• Someone who is sweet but knows their boundaries.

• intelligence. but not like big bang theory kind.

• I appreciate someone that's humble and caring.

• Personality. I want to know the kind of person I'm going to invest my time into.

• Faithfulness, honesty.

• does he have kids? is he married/have a gf? Is he a perv?

after the basics are out of the way then I look for a good personality, attractiveness, etc.

• Someone's not a jerk, respect girls, have a good sense of humor and God fearing.

• A penis...otherwise it just won't work.

• Attractiveness aside, probably how well he tolerates me. Lol.

What Guys Said 4

• She must be female

• long natural brown hair no extensions.

nice dark tone skin no fake tans but natural sun tan is fine.

dresses nice good taste in fashion.

drives nice car.

is educated.

funny good personality.

size 7 or smaller feet.

is shorter then me and kinda thicker I don't care for skinny/fat girls.

nice but proportional boobs.

• lol good luck with that

• once again why not have the best in life nice car, good job, and nice looking women while it lasts? personality won't last either if you're dead.

• if she doesn't find me ugly

• Cute and adventurous